Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Good Fabric Prices in Southwestern Ontario?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/good-fabric-prices-southwestern-ontario-t184793.html)

michelled 04-02-2012 10:22 AM

Good Fabric Prices in Southwestern Ontario??

I live in Brantford, Ontario. Can anyone suggest where I can find some really good deals on Fabric? I know of Ottawa Street in Hamilton and Len's Mill Stores but I haven't seen the kinds of sales I see at places like JoAnn's in the U.S. At the price of gas, I'm not going to cross-border shop just on a chance! Any suggestions in the Hamilton/Brantford/Cambridge areas? Thanks!

JMCDA 04-02-2012 12:04 PM

I shop on-line/ebay or go to Pt Huron. I sure didn't see any deals at Len's and I haven't been along Ottawa in years but will probably check it out next time we are in the B'ton area. I will be following to see if you get any good suggestions.

btw, I was across the border just last week and the Pt Huron Joanns had a really crappy selection IMO - Mary Maxim on the other hand always has beautiful fabric and lots of civil war fabric if that is what you like (I do)
..even found a few decent prints at Hobby Lobby that seem to be fairly good quality.

...and I am really lucky because our Fabricland has a huge selection of FQ's and many are name brand fabrics - I have some Henry Glass, Marcus Bros, and Moda from my last scrounge....any other Fabricland I go into has either no FQ's or a pitiful selection

QuiltE 04-02-2012 12:07 PM

Try the other Len's ... different Len's have different deals at the time! I got some Thimbleberries today at $8 less 15% for taking all that was on the bolt ... and less another 10% for Senior's Day!!! NO! I'm not a Senior, and it was a little deflating to be seen as such, but heck, I wasn't going to speak up .... I gladly accepted the extra $ off!!!

I just got an email on the weekend that The Quilt Shoppe in Sarnia is now selling all fabric at $9.99/metre ($19.99 for wide backs). I was in their store last summer and was totally enamoured with their selections. Now, of course, I wish I lived closer. At that price though ... could be worth the drive!!! I've been wondering if their drop in prices are to keep the shoppers here in Canada?

I'm like you ... I"m not a cross-border shopper!

QuiltE 04-02-2012 12:09 PM

JMCDA ... there seems to be a real range from one F-Land to the other! Likewise for Len's!! I keep an eye on all of them, and check them out if/when I'm near them.

I should add ... that while I got that one fabric today at such a great price ... there were others at that price or less, that I did like, though I don't need any right now! There's always sell-downs ... just whether it's what you want or not? I did find one piece that I brought 1/2 yard home to wash and try .... $3.99/yard .... There were two part bolts there, and if it passes the wash test, I might be heading right back to grab it for a QAYG backing.

And of course, there's always their regular line of fabrics that are pretty much at the LQS pricings.