Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A good hand lotion,,,,any suggestions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/good-hand-lotion-any-suggestions-t116488.html)

Radiana 04-15-2011 11:55 PM

Hello ladies. I'm not an experienced quilter by any means but hope to devote more time to it. My hands get very dry when I'm working with fabric and I'm not really good at remembering to put lotion on. I would like to keep some lotion near my sewing machine so I'll remember to use it. I'm allergic to most everything that has a scent to it. I'm wondering if there is a lotion someone can recommend that won't be a problem rubbing off on fabric.

Thank you so much.

Marye 04-15-2011 11:59 PM

I have very very sentitive skin and my doctor suggested that I use Aveeno Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Lavender, chamomile and ylang-ylang. Using it for a year no and no problem fabric or scent.

Tropical 04-16-2011 12:03 AM

I have the same problem with fragrances in lotions. I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion or Wal Marts generic version which is Equate Gentle Skin Lotion. Neither have a fragrance and they don't rub off. The Equate is much less expensive, but you have to get it at Wal Mart. Aveeno also has very good lotions. I hope you find something you can use. :)

emerald46 04-16-2011 02:26 AM

Lubriderm with aloe. I've used it for years and years. Good luck.

sandyl 04-16-2011 03:00 AM

My LQS sells a product called "Gloves in a Bottle" and it is awesome. DOesn't leave a residue on the fabric. You can use it while you are quilting. A really, really nice product made especially for us quilters. If you can't locate it, I'll be glad to forward a sample to you. I am not affiliated with this company, but a lady in our quilt group gave us each a sample. Let me know!
Sandy

kwhite 04-16-2011 03:02 AM

Thimbleberries hand care for busy hands. Very nice. Picked it up at the Lancaster quilt show last month.

Shelbie 04-16-2011 03:09 AM

I also like the "Gloves in a Bottle". It is a little more expensive than some of the others mentioned but you don't need much, it is not heavily perfumed and it does work.

quilter1943 04-16-2011 04:56 AM

I use Aveeno products. They don't leave oil on your hands/legs/wherever. DH is even getting so he uses it after shower.

Originally Posted by Marye
I have very very sentitive skin and my doctor suggested that I use Aveeno Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Lavender, chamomile and ylang-ylang. Using it for a year no and no problem fabric or scent.

KR 04-16-2011 05:02 AM

I only use Mary Kay hand cream and it now is available in a fragrance-free formula. My husband loves it, too. MK products are only sold through independent beauty consultants. Find one in your area by visiting www.marykay.com. Karen

MYWR 04-16-2011 05:07 AM

I use a dab of Norwegian Formula dry hands by Neutrogena - odorless and greasless and no makrs on my fabric either !