Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Good morning! What is everyone working on today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/good-morning-what-everyone-working-today-t98983.html)

jdiane318 02-12-2011 06:47 AM

Have been working on my scraps, made about 400 strip pieced sections using the strip tube method. Have them all cut and am now sewing them into blocks. I'll think twice about taking on such a huge project again, but I'm on the downhill side. All of the blocks will be made into quilts for Project Linus and donated to the St.John's/St. Jude's Pediatric Hospital here.

Marion Jean 02-12-2011 06:50 AM

I'm finishing up FMQ on a beach scene wall hanging - I might finally have somthing completed for the appropriate season. Just finished a Halloween quilt from a kit I bought 3 years ago. Got so tired of looking at it I forced myself to work on it. Now in the hands of a long arm quilter. I'll be so glad to be able to hang it on the wall in October!

AnnieH 02-12-2011 06:53 AM

I'm practising on a Mariner's compass shown to me in class yesterday. Dull and wet here (Southern England).

EIQuilter 02-12-2011 06:53 AM

I'll be doing the same thing I would if it weren't a nice day! I plan to load a quilt onto the longarm and maybe even finish all the quilting today. Finished is a good thing!

Veronica 02-12-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by MillieH
No quilting for me today. My son and DIL are going to their Mardi Gras crewe ball tonight--their first big night out since the twin grandsons were born. Today, I'm making party foods for them to take: chocolate-covered strawberries, cheese balls, and little party sandwiches. I volunteered to do this, knowing my DIL has little time for such right night. I'm also going to their house this afternoon, in time for them to be able to get dressed without worrying about getting baby spit-up on their ball clothes--and I'm spending the night and part of tomorrow morning so they can sleep-in. I'll be having fun with the babies, and I hope they'll be having fun at the ball.

Your a great mother and grandmother :thumbup:

IrishNY 02-12-2011 06:57 AM

I'm working on my second cup of coffee and debating if I have the desire to work on anything else that doesn't involve QB. :P

I have to leave on a week long business trip tomorrow so today will be mostly downtime for me.

Have a good day, everyone!

Butterflyblue 02-12-2011 07:00 AM

I'm working on finishing a UFO charity quilt that I've had probably for close to two years.

deedum 02-12-2011 07:05 AM

I love the crumb blocks! Not sure I ever seen a chicken block!

michelehuston 02-12-2011 07:19 AM

well, here in north central Ohio, the sun is definately not shining!! I am spending the weekend with my 12 week old grandaughter! Hope she will nap this afternoon so I can finish the binding on her quilt!

cmw0829 02-12-2011 07:23 AM

Need to find some new shoes for work desperately!

Then later if I still have energy, iron the fabric for my class starting next week and get everything together. If I have time left, will start some pillowcases.