Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is This good for scrap storage? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/good-scrap-storage-t168761.html)

alikat110 11-18-2011 01:35 PM

Have not been happy with mine....gonna disassemble. And remove the black piece to see if it works on keeping drawers in place better....

MistyMarie 11-18-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 4693043)
I read somewhere that if you take one side of the black rubber things out when putting it together that it makes the drawers fit more snuggly and don't fall out anymore. I am hoping that is correct. I foun them at SAMs that are all brown(more my style) for $30 so DH is going to pick it up for me today! So much better than waiting til next week lol

That is my issue with my set of drawers.. .which I bought at Sams. My drawers are constantly going off-track and it is very frustrating. I use mine for my embroidery thread and it should work great... if the drawers would stay in. I am going to redo it this evening and hope that I can make it work better. Thanks for the suggestion.

AliKat 11-18-2011 08:55 PM

I prefer my IKEA Antonius systems. The baskets are deep enough and easy to pull out and don't rust.

ali

kuntryquilter 11-19-2011 03:43 AM

I have several of these that I use. They are plenty sturdy enough to use for fabric. I use them for much heavier items.
P.S. That is a good buy, I have seen them priced much higher.

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 4691944)
I was looking through some black friday adds and saw this... Does anyone have one of these? I was wondering if the drawers are stong enough to hold fabric scraps. I don't have a ton, so I won't be stuffing them ( I think) but would hate to buy them if they are not sturdy as this would be the only thing I need them for. Thanks in advance for any input you guys can give me

lynnsim 11-19-2011 04:14 AM

They are cute, but sounds like the reviews aren't good. I have the clear rolling carts from WalMart -- bought over several years. Love, love them!

Pieces2 11-19-2011 04:19 AM

I would never buy it because it takes up too much floor space which is usually very
valuable in a sewing room. My scraps are in a cardboard box in the closet.
When it gets full I make a charity quilt with the scraps.
Clear drawers would be a better choice so you could see the scraps inside, seems big to hold scraps. (?)

Needle Up 11-19-2011 04:20 AM

Have one and I am going to put it in a garage sale. Drawers are shallow.

quilt3311 11-19-2011 05:05 AM

It should work for scraps as they say for scrapbooking. If storing the pages in the drawer that would be heavier than fabric scraps. Same for stamping materials, they would be heavier than fabric scrap. When I saw the picture I thought "thread" spools. And yes, I could probably fill the whole thing as I am addicted to thread. grin

Rose Marie 11-19-2011 06:14 AM

My scraps go into a large plastic see through bin until I get around to cutting them up into usable sizes. Then those drawers might work for storage of the finished pieces.

snow 11-19-2011 06:20 AM

I have two of these and I like them I put cut sq. blocks, fat quarters, I like them. The drawers come off the ttrack easy but take the washer out and it is better.:thumbup: