Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got my fix today!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-my-fix-today-t28112.html)

diannemc 11-03-2009 12:57 PM

I had to meet my DD halfway from where she goes to college to give a a phone(Hers broke).. There just happens to be a great fabric shop there..I fought it really hard but lost the battle...I got some neat fabric to finish my retro owl applique quit I am doing...and picked up my 5 fat quarters for my Secret Santa...in there for two hours! Oh boy I wish I had alot of money!!!Can't wait to get started tomorrow cutting them out!!! Not sure how much I will get done..I have to get ready for my colonoscopy on Thursday so I will have to drink that stuff be running to the bathroom alot I am sure...Pray nothing will show up..I am nervous!!!

amma 11-03-2009 01:33 PM

Isn't it hard to resist the call of fabric??? LOL
I have had those scopes done...not as bad as I thought...just follow the instructions...and keep your sewing machine closer to the bathroom :wink: :roll: :lol:

diannemc 11-03-2009 02:27 PM

yeah I heard drinking the stuff is worst then the scope itself... :oops: :shock:

kwhite 11-03-2009 03:40 PM

I am sure you will be fine. THe "stuff" is bad but you will not remember it in 10 years I am sure. HAHA I do that too though. I went to get DD from camp this summer and I stopped at three fabric shops on the way. We should make a software program that will map out every fabric shop along a route. Wouldn't that be an awsome program!!

diannemc 11-03-2009 06:09 PM

Fabric Shop TomTom...yeah... :D

littlehud 11-03-2009 06:33 PM

I had one not to long ago. The worst part was drinking that stuff and living in the bathroom. When all is done with the test please post pics of the fabric you got. I would love to see it.

Joan 11-03-2009 06:50 PM

Believe me (having had one also), you certainly earned that fabric if you are having a colonscopy! :lol:

(I am due for one as well and be sure that a trip before or after to my favorite online store or LQS will be part of the plan.)

Also, bravo to you for taking care of your health! :D

littlehud 11-03-2009 07:29 PM

What a good idea. I may not dread it as much if I reward myself with some new fabric. :D

mimee4 11-04-2009 06:58 AM

"They" always say the prep is worse than the procedure. I pray you are well. Quilting is always a good distraction.

Esqmommy 11-04-2009 07:06 AM

I agree, the prep is the worst. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy (getting from both ends!) last year, and they (thankfully) put me out for it! So, the worst was the liquid cleansing...the stuff tasted horrible, and I lived in the potty!! I hope yours goes well, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the results show nothing wrong! by the way, DH had one earlier this year, and they clipped out a few polyps, which was good. Could've turned into cancer if he didn't get it done! So, perhaps if anything they will be able to do some preventative maintenance!! 8)