Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got my Horizon :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-my-horizon-t64479.html)

Shorebird 09-16-2010 03:09 AM

Love your Avatar!

Annya 09-16-2010 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
Hi...today we went and bought my new machine...Janome Horizon. I don't know if I'm excited or in a state of shock that I spent so much on a sewing machine. I mean, it cost more than our big tv, or more than our computer, or even more than my new oven last year...lol. But I just know I'm going to love it. Been watching the video and now I'll have a look through the manual and then I might even get game to try the machine...lol. Ok, I'm off to learn more..lol

Congratulations on your new machine. Please remember to read a little and do a little until you feel comfortable with it. if you go (like my BIL ) bull at the gate you could get frustrated if something is not right when you want to do it. I decided to learn all about the Brother Embroidery machine before I get it so when I comes I will not be overcome with all the information I get from the present owner. Also if I'm tired I can't concentrate on what I am being told..but have fun learning to use your NEW TOY.
:thumbup:

Nancy11442 09-16-2010 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Annya

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
Hi...today we went and bought my new machine...Janome Horizon. I don't know if I'm excited or in a state of shock that I spent so much on a sewing machine. I mean, it cost more than our big tv, or more than our computer, or even more than my new oven last year...lol. But I just know I'm going to love it. Been watching the video and now I'll have a look through the manual and then I might even get game to try the machine...lol. Ok, I'm off to learn more..lol

Congratulations on your new machine. Please remember to read a little and do a little until you feel comfortable with it. if you go (like my BIL ) bull at the gate you could get frustrated if something is not right when you want to do it. I decided to learn all about the Brother Embroidery machine before I get it so when I comes I will not be overcome with all the information I get from the present owner. Also if I'm tired I can't concentrate on what I am being told..but have fun learning to use your NEW TOY.

I really agree with this advice. I bought the Janome 11000 instead of the Horizon and am overwhelmed. I'm "older" and this is the last machine I intend to buy...however, I'm getting frustrated trying to learn how to use it. I'm almost sorry I went so high tech. Add to this that I'm a Snowbird and use this machine only part of the year, so it is like learning it all over again when I return. Good advice. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

miss_ticky2 09-16-2010 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy11442

Originally Posted by Annya

I really agree with this advice. I bought the Janome 11000 instead of the Horizon and am overwhelmed. I'm "older" and this is the last machine I intend to buy...however, I'm getting frustrated trying to learn how to use it. I'm almost sorry I went so high tech. Add to this that I'm a Snowbird and use this machine only part of the year, so it is like learning it all over again when I return. Good advice. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Thanks...that is good advice, and I certainly haven't been able to jump in with both feet yet...I haven't had time..lol. I also am 'older' and I expect I won't be buying another main sewing machine again. So far, the little I've done and played with I haven't been too daunted by it so hopefully I will find it fairly easy to adapt to. I do love the way it sews so far though and I'm quite thrilled. I just need to get a couple of projects out of the way and I do something from go to whoa on it..lol