Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got my Redeye Treadle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-my-redeye-treadle-t33844.html)

lfw045 01-11-2010 10:29 AM

I just picked up my 1919 Singer Redeye Treadle! Her decals are beautiful. There is a little wear on the bed from material running through but I don't care, I am so excited! When hubby gets home I'll get it in the house set her up and take a picture. I'm going to name her Sally Singer....lol!

Hey Lostn51 what should I use to clean her up a bit....dust on her backside......otherwise clean as a whistle and smooth as butter!

Thanks!

JJs 01-11-2010 10:33 AM

clean CAREFULLY - you don't want to 'silver' the decals....

there's a yahoo group - vintage_treadlesewingmachines

there's TONS of info there, and lots of people who can answer questions etc

littlehud 01-11-2010 11:07 AM

Oh wow. I'm so happy for you. Send us some pics please.

amma 01-11-2010 11:33 AM

WooHoo!!! I am so excited for you :D:D:D
I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

SulaBug 01-11-2010 01:05 PM

WOW!! :thumbup: Lucky you!! I am so tickeled that you have got your new Red Eye machine. I can hardly wait to see picture's of it. I am still loving the 1935 treadle that I got for Christmas. It was also clean as a whistle. We are very LUCKY girls, aren't we? Thank you for sharing.
:D :D :D :D

lfw045 01-11-2010 02:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Not her final place to sit but I had to take pictures to share...lol! Thanks everyone!

Miss Sally
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66673[/ATTACH]

closer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66674[/ATTACH]

and closer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66675[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 01-11-2010 02:53 PM

She is a BEAUTY!! :thumbup: Thank you for the pictures. I feel as happy for you, as if it were me getting this great machine!!

lfw045 01-11-2010 03:02 PM

Thank you SulaBug! She's a little dusty on the back side but I'll take care of that and I need to put her belt on and replace a knob on one of the drawers. Not bad for $60. The lady that had it bought it from an antique store here locally, put it in the shop to make sure all was working well, got it back and never used it for 20 years. Can you believe that?.....LOL.

earthwalker 01-11-2010 03:11 PM

What a beautiful machine....and such a fantastic price. If you can get a treadle here in Western Australia, they cost the earth..Hope you have many happy hours together.

SulaBug 01-11-2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
Thank you SulaBug! She's a little dusty on the back side but I'll take care of that and I need to put her belt on and replace a knob on one of the drawers. Not bad for $60. The lady that had it bought it from an antique store here locally, put it in the shop to make sure all was working well, got it back and never used it for 20 years. Can you believe that?.....LOL.

I would say that you made a "STEAL" of a deal!! :thumbup: It couldn't be any nicer. Enjoy using it forever!!