Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got my Sweet 16 sitdown today!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-my-sweet-16-sitdown-today-t267811.html)

ClairVoyantQuilter 07-20-2015 06:34 PM

Congratulations . . .she's beautiful! I got my Babylock Tiara a year ago this month and get a tremendous amoiunt of enjoyment from it. It's nice that the dealer is willing to come help with the set up, but honestly, it looks like you already have the hardest part done. There's some great videos on YouTube. Because HandiQuilter makes the Tiara too, I was able to watch their videos to get me over the hump. Have fun

liking quilting 07-20-2015 06:45 PM

Oh, congratulations!!! That's my some day dream. I've tried that one out at a quilt show in the Twin Cities a couple of yrs. ago and loved it!!! Just can't justify spending the money (which I don't have right now), but hope to be able to purchase that same set up some day.

Bree123 07-20-2015 07:02 PM

Congrats! Let us know how it goes once you get back from your vacation & have a chance to try it out. I'm still dreaming of getting one -- maybe in the next 2 years. Right now I'm just shopping for a good piecing machine (used) with the hope that some day I will be able to put a bunch of money into a nice mid-arm.

sophiebernina 07-20-2015 11:14 PM

So excited for you! Enjoy!

Taughtby Grandma 07-22-2015 03:25 AM

That table set up is great that it's so versatile. Really makes it better for some of us with confined spaces. Enjoy

KnitnutBZ 07-22-2015 05:12 AM

I've had mine about three years and love it. My only regret is I wish I had gotten it sooner. Enjoy!!!

Mariposa 07-22-2015 05:18 AM

Congrats! What fun! Enjoy your vacation, and the machine! :)

Jratcliff 07-22-2015 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7262855)
Feeling so blessed... My husband always says to use the right tool for the job, I took him at his word LOL! This will be so much nicer than wrestling my quilts in my Bernina's tiny throat area. I got the hideaway table too, the machine is on a powered lift that lowers so the table can be used for cutting or other work surface.

Now the bad news - we are leaving for vacation in the morning for a week so I won't be able to play with her! :( The dealer is coming next Tuesday to go over the setup with me. It is going to be tough to wait!

Awesome! You are going to love it. I've had mine for just under a year and can't seem to go a single day without doing some stitching. I am truly addicted.
There is a yahoo group for Sweet 16 and a spin off on facebook. Super groups with tons of information and they will answer any question you might have and probably many you haven't thought of.
Enjoy!
Jane in AZ soon to be OR

Carol34446 07-22-2015 08:33 AM

That sure is a nice set up. Enjoy and post pictures of the works of art.

roserips 07-22-2015 09:12 AM

I keep dreaming and working and one day hope to have one also. Enjoy your new machine and I look forward to seeing all of the fun creative quilting that you do with your new girl.