Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Grace Machine quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/grace-machine-quilter-t61200.html)

Mary M 08-24-2010 07:27 PM

Does any one have or had a Grace Machine Quilter. I think they first came out 5 or 6 years ago. I am considering a used one but would like to have comments, good or bad. I like the wealth of information in this group. Thanks for any help given. Mary

cdcatlovers 08-24-2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mary M
Does any one have or had a Grace Machine Quilter. I think they first came out 5 or 6 years ago. I am considering a used one but would like to have comments, good or bad. I like the wealth of information in this group. Thanks for any help given. Mary

I have a Pfaff Grand Quilter 1200 on a Grace frame and am trying to sell it for $1900. The frame can either be set up for 5 feet or 10 feet. It has the stitch regulator, pantographs and all the accessories with it. It was only used maybe 20 hours at the most.

kristen0112 08-24-2010 08:51 PM

I just got mine today! So, I can't tell you how I like it but if you can buy one already set up that would be awesome - there are a ton of nuts, bolts, screws and such. So, far I have spent about 3 hours and I am not half way through - that's probably because mechanical I am not.

quilting1958 08-25-2010 01:07 PM

Where do you live? I'd love to have a quilt machine. Is it a long arm? How long is the whole machine? I need to see if it'd fit. Thanks. Sorry so many questions.

Yarn or Fabric 08-26-2010 05:26 AM

Mary, check your local Craigslist - and the Craigslist cities around you within a reasonable driving distance... and keep checking them. You will find someone selling a frame and machine sooner than you think.

I piece bought all of my equipment and wish that I had waited to see someone selling everything all together... I bought the frame, new first. Then the machine and a pcquilter. Granted, all but the frame were used. I am considering selling my set up as well as I am having a hard time getting started on it. We'll see. I will give it a little more time before I go and sell it. I really want to figure it out but I have no hands to hold :(

Mary M 08-26-2010 08:04 PM

I did find a Grace Machine frame but now I need to know if it works well. I will be using Janome 6600 with it. Thanks for all thehelp. Mary

deedum 08-27-2010 05:27 PM

I have a friend that said she would give me a gracie, she has a hard time putting it together.I didn't jump on it for that reason!

carmen4him 08-28-2010 10:02 AM

Is it still for sale? Do you have pics? Thanks.

Originally Posted by cdcatlovers

Originally Posted by Mary M

I have a Pfaff Grand Quilter 1200 on a Grace frame and am trying to sell it for $1900. The frame can either be set up for 5 feet or 10 feet. It has the stitch regulator, pantographs and all the accessories with it. It was only used maybe 20 hours at the most.