Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Grand Kids: My Future Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/grand-kids-my-future-quilters-t106090.html)

SewExtremeSeams 03-08-2011 01:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We just returned from another wonderful 3 day visit with two of our grandchildren. Last time, Taylor (5) and Ruby (3) helped me 'sew' on the Cars quilt for Taylor. We made blocks. They helped sew the blue borders on the blocks. I pieced it all together at my place and on this trip they helped pin it and then helped sew again. In the photos they are practicing sewing on computer paper. Ruby is running the foot pedal and her brother is guiding the paper. I don't have any thread in the machine. They are content to do this for a very long time. You would be surprised how well they follow instruction while operating the foot pedal!

It is my custom now to always bring one of my sewing machine. I think their favorite is the little Featherweight, as it is more their size. But, they do just as well on my computerized machine also. :-D :-D :-D

Ruby-just was taught how to work & close a pin thru 3 layers!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129739[/ATTACH]

Taylor, Ruby & Mommy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129741[/ATTACH]

Ruby is operating the foot pedal while brother moves the paper and makes sure everything is operating correctly.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129742[/ATTACH]

Taylor loves operating everything himself. He has learned to pivot w/ needle down.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129898[/ATTACH]

MamaBear61 03-08-2011 01:58 PM

What a great time to spend time together.

grammy17 03-08-2011 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You've encouraged me to help my grand daughter, 5, at the machine. She lays out the fabric and helps with the pins. I'll post pictures when I have some.

Wearing her gloves and doing something to her fabrics.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]129749[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 03-08-2011 02:10 PM

Thank you Lori.

Oh Grammy, I love it. Aren't they precious? :-D

Deara 03-08-2011 02:11 PM

Oh Linda, how precious to have pics of these wonderful memories to share with us.

What a blessing to see your sweet little grandbabies learning to use a sewing machine and sharing the working of that machine.

Thank you and blessings,
Sandi

SewExtremeSeams 03-08-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
Oh Linda, how precious to have pics of these wonderful memories to share with us.

What a blessing to see your sweet little grandbabies learning to use a sewing machine and sharing the working of that machine.

Thank you and blessings,
Sandi

:-D I am a contented Grandma!

Can ya tell :?:

Deara 03-08-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by Deara

Thank you and blessings,
Sandi

:-D I am a contented Grandma!

Can ya tell :?:

And blessed to boot. :thumbup:

Fiber Artist 03-08-2011 02:22 PM

That is wonderful!!!

SimpleCook29 03-08-2011 02:30 PM

my kids love doing the same thing

Grammy o'5 03-08-2011 02:55 PM

Fantastic! Love It! I may have to try that with my grandkids! :thumbup: :thumbup: Next time I go to Albuquerque - where they are.