Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Great idea for a quilt label (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/great-idea-quilt-label-t41244.html)

Pamela Artman 03-30-2010 03:27 PM

I read this idea for a quilt label and I'm going to do it from now on! Take a square of fabric that you want to use for label, fold it in half diagonally, and write your quilt info on one half. Then after your quilt is quilted, lay it on the corner of your quilt and sew the two sides of the label in with the binding. When you're done, tack down the long side of the label!

sewin'sam 03-30-2010 04:50 PM

I embroider mine right on the back of the quilt before I put it together. Lots of cute patterns out there or I just write what I want on the quilt & put a border around it.
The least I put is my name & date. Now I put the name of the quilt on the bag that I make for it. If I have any leftovers, like a Dresden Plate, I applique that on the bag! I made my DH a 'Memory Quilt' of his Navy days & I put the navy insignia on the bag along with some Navy buttons!! Very cute!

Pamela Artman 03-30-2010 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewin'sam
I embroider mine right on the back of the quilt before I put it together. Lots of cute patterns out there or I just write what I want on the quilt & put a border around it.
The least I put is my name & date. Now I put the name of the quilt on the bag that I make for it. If I have any leftovers, like a Dresden Plate, I applique that on the bag! I made my DH a 'Memory Quilt' of his Navy days & I put the navy insignia on the bag along with some Navy buttons!! Very cute!

Cute idea with the navy insignia and buttons!

sewin'sam 03-30-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman

Originally Posted by sewin'sam

Cute idea with the navy insignia and buttons!

Thanks! It was/is cute!

danmar 03-31-2010 01:12 AM

Great idea!

Deb watkins 03-31-2010 04:35 AM

I really like this idea! Thanks for the tip.

dglvr 03-31-2010 04:36 AM

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it. Soon I hope :shock:

tkhooper 03-31-2010 04:41 AM

My dad would go bonkers over a navy quilt. I've got to see what info I can gather of his military career. Anyone know how to draw a destroyer?

Could you post a picture of his quilt. I'd really love to see it.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-31-2010 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
I read this idea for a quilt label and I'm going to do it from now on! Take a square of fabric that you want to use for label, fold it in half diagonally, and write your quilt info on one half. Then after your quilt is quilted, lay it on the corner of your quilt and sew the two sides of the label in with the binding. When you're done, tack down the long side of the label!

nice idea.

littlehud 04-02-2010 07:41 PM

What a great idea. Thanks for the info.