Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Grinch Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/grinch-fabric-t65048.html)

Favorite Fabrics 09-16-2010 10:33 AM

Rumor has it that Robert Kaufman is going to be coming out with a line of "Grinch" fabrics... and if we're lucky, that they will be available in time for Christmas!

(It's the next installment of their Dr. Seuss fabrics.)

athenagwis 09-16-2010 10:35 AM

How cool!! I cna't wait to get my hands on the Dr. Seuss stuff. I did a pre-order, but it looks like they were backordered before they filled mine so it may be a while :( Oh well I can wait I guess!! :) That seemed like it was a lot of Cat in the Hat though, so it will be cool to see some other characters too.

Rachel

Cheriefaye2008 09-16-2010 10:53 AM

I'd love to see some Grinch fabric. I would probably send my hubby to be into a tailspin and decorate some room of our house in it though. Hey- if he can have an NFL living room, can't I have a Grinch Kitchen or Bathroom?

Favorite Fabrics 09-16-2010 11:11 AM

I doubt that there are going to be any pictures to show you until after Quilt Market. They'll probably debut it then.

Favorite Fabrics 09-16-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
How cool!! I cna't wait to get my hands on the Dr. Seuss stuff. I did a pre-order, but it looks like they were backordered before they filled mine so it may be a while :( Oh well I can wait I guess!! :) That seemed like it was a lot of Cat in the Hat though, so it will be cool to see some other characters too.

Rachel

We just received our first shipment of Dr. Seuss fabric and are in the middle of filling the (many) backorders for it. A couple of the prints are already spoken for, and we have it on reorder. Kaufman is expecting their next batch on October 12th... but then they'll probably take a week filling all THEIR backorders to the various shops.

I would assume that all the shops are working off the same date, so wherever you ordered it from it's likely to be the same time frame. Thought you might like the "inside scoop"! (The latest info we have, updated yesterday.)

geckogirl 09-16-2010 06:04 PM

WAIT a minute ........... they have DOCTOR SEUSS fabric????

WHERE HAVE I BEEN!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!??????????

tooMuchFabric 09-16-2010 06:29 PM

I know! They slip this stuff in on us when we are not looking. Stuff is often all sold out when I get around to it.

I went to several fabric manufacturers' sites and got on their mailing lists.

Originally Posted by geckogirl
WAIT a minute ........... they have DOCTOR SEUSS fabric????

WHERE HAVE I BEEN!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Boscobd 09-16-2010 08:02 PM

I saw the Dr. Seuss fabrics at The Fat Quarter Shop online. I was hoping for a collection of Grinch specific fabrics, but it looks like it's mostly The Cat in the Hat. It also appears as if they aren't available yet.

athenagwis 09-17-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

Originally Posted by athenagwis

Rachel

We just received our first shipment of Dr. Seuss fabric and are in the middle of filling the (many) backorders for it. A couple of the prints are already spoken for, and we have it on reorder. Kaufman is expecting their next batch on October 12th... but then they'll probably take a week filling all THEIR backorders to the various shops.

I would assume that all the shops are working off the same date, so wherever you ordered it from it's likely to be the same time frame. Thought you might like the "inside scoop"! (The latest info we have, updated yesterday.)

Thanks for the inside scoop!! Mine actually just shipped today, so yay!!! Now I just have to think about what I am going to make with it! :)

Rachel

nursie76 09-17-2010 12:14 PM

I already saw some of this for sale when I was doing the Online shop hop. Sorry, can't remember where.