Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guess what I finally have done? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guess-what-i-finally-have-done-t69500.html)

KR 10-11-2010 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Berta48
I am so excited! I have been practicng FMQ.I just couldn't seem to get my foot pedal and hands to work together right.Then I got to thinking! (gave me a headache too) :lol:
My Janome runs without a foot pedal if I remove it.SOOOOO I removed it and tried to stipple and it turned out GRRREAT!!!
I am so happy. Who would have thought it would help so much but it sure did work for me!!I also did some swirls.

Oh, I'm so excited, too.....tried my Start/Stop button for the first time with FMQ this weekend and I'm falling in love with my machine all over again (Brother QC1000)!! Still working on perfecting the Stop part, though....taking a hand off the quilt to push the button.

misseva 10-11-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Berta48
I am so excited! I have been practicng FMQ.I just couldn't seem to get my foot pedal and hands to work together right.Then I got to thinking! (gave me a headache too) :lol:
My Janome runs without a foot pedal if I remove it.SOOOOO I removed it and tried to stipple and it turned out GRRREAT!!!
I am so happy. Who would have thought it would help so much but it sure did work for me!!I also did some swirls.

Think I will try to come up with some designs of my own too, since there are no quilt police. :thumbup:

i have a brother that runs w/o a foot - think i'll try it. thanks
this is a good one for 'what is the best tip' thread

misseva 10-11-2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mailmanldy
I have a machine that I can use with out a foot pedal, from Brother. Although I haven't tried any FMQ on it yet.. but since I want to learn... I may have to put that on my list of things to try when I have the time.

my daughter was using my machine w/o foot pedal and was so thrilled she gave me her OLD brother (i use in class) and bought her one that had an either/or option. she loved it. not an experienced sewer & couldn't get the correct pressure on foot pedal. i taped my foot pedal to the side of my sewing desk and use my knee (never got used to foot pedal b/c my mom had a knee lever on her machine.

misseva 10-11-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by katied772
My Bernina is about 1 years old. How do I find out if I can do this? What kind of button are we talking about?

my brother has a 'start/stop' button just above the pressser foot. you have to unplug the foot pedal to make it work.

np3 10-11-2010 10:44 AM

Good for you!

amma 10-11-2010 11:41 AM

Thank you for this tip! I will have to see if it works on my machine too :D:D:D

Berta48 10-11-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Is this an option with all Janomes or just your machine? Exactly what button are you hitting to make it stitch without the footpedal? Please enlighten the rest of us.

I don't know about all Janomes, but I think alot of newer machines have the start button, but don't take my word on that cause I am not certain.
I have a Janome 9000 . Anyway the foot pedal plugs into the side of the machine. If you remove it just above the foot plate on the machine the last button says start. I push that and it sews by itself.I have to adjust the speed but now I love it!!

stewyscrewy 10-11-2010 04:09 PM

congrats. have fun and enjoy your headache free quilting now.

JT 10-11-2010 04:44 PM

What model of Janome do you have?

merrylouw 10-11-2010 04:55 PM

Thanks so much for this tip. My Babylock has this option. Can't wait to try it!