Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Gypsy Gripper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gypsy-gripper-t17693.html)

user3587 03-15-2009 06:36 PM

I heard from the company and they told me to send it to them and they would send me a new one. Believe it or not right now it is sticking, The purple clips(not sure what to call them) are up and not down. Before I always had them down and the suction cups were flush with the base. In this position they aren't. I have a little bitty gripper and when the suction cup is attached it is flush with the base. Hope this makes sense.

Now I don't know whether to send it back or not. I sure like using it with my 6x24 ruler. I've done everything but throw it against the wall today. Went and took a nap (it other words left if alone) and when I came back to it it was still attached. I've cut out some strips (trying my had a a bargello wall hanging) and didn't have any problems with the gripper.

Margie 03-15-2009 07:24 PM

OKIE,

I have the exact same problem. I had it and it worked great for a few months...now wont stick.

Please let me know what they say.

Margie

crashnquilt 03-15-2009 07:25 PM

I would still send it back. With the latches in the up position you are only attaching on a wing and a prayer. The latch is what pulls up the suction cup.

Margie 03-15-2009 07:25 PM

posted before I read the rest of the thread. I bought mine at a shop that has since closed. So not sure what to do with it.

Margie

gcathie 03-15-2009 10:21 PM

I've got one of those my Mom gave me haven't used it yet....I wish you luck .....and they send you a revised gripper.....

user3587 03-16-2009 01:50 AM

The response from the company is from an individual and she said she was sorry I was have problems with the product and to send it to her and she would send me another one. Anyone that would like the name and address I will PM it to you. I told her I didn't have the box and she said it didn't matter. It sounds like she would take anyone's back that's having problems with it.

Nita 03-16-2009 04:39 AM

I had experienced the same loss of suction/grip with mine. Before I'm ready to use the Gypsy Gripper, I cleanse the suction cups with Windex and that seems to do the trick.

BellaBoo 03-16-2009 05:25 AM

If the Windex has ammonia in it, it will deteriorate the plastic. :cry:

Nita 03-16-2009 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If the Windex has ammonia in it, it will deteriorate the plastic. :cry:

I use the ammonia free Windex Multi-Surface With Vinegar.

Swan Song 03-16-2009 08:02 AM

I also have one that I just got but haven't used yet. I would definately send it back. I think everyone with a this problem should write the company. If it's a design flaw they need to know so they can correct it.

I have a friend who just started quilting and bought a mini gripper. She said she can't make it stick at all and it's new. I told her to bring it to me at work tonight so we can see what the problem is before I saw this thread. If it doesn't work I will tell her to contact the company.