Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   H*E*L*P needed with Accuquilt Go (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/h%2Ae%2Al%2Ap-needed-accuquilt-go-t100303.html)

dreamer2009 02-16-2011 10:22 AM

When I am cutting shapes...
what is causing all the static in the fabric when lifting it off ?
how can I stop this ??
Thanks

Prism99 02-16-2011 10:23 AM

The mat tends to develop static. I got a can of Static Guard and sprayed both sides of the mat; works great. Some websites said to rub a fabric softener sheet on the mat. I tried that too, but it didn't work for me.

Another tip, until you can get the Static Guard, is to lay the die upside down so you are lifting the die off the mat instead of lifting the mat off the die. This helps, but I always forget to do it. I like the Static Guard better.

fidgety 02-16-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
how can I stop this ??
Thanks

Oh dreamer I think that it is just awful that you are having this problem. Maybe you should just send all those shapes to me! ROLFLMBO... :wink: Heck I wont care if there is some static in them. lol.. :lol: :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

dreamer2009 02-16-2011 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
how can I stop this ??
Thanks

Oh dreamer I think that it is just awful that you are having this problem. Maybe you should just send all those shapes to me! ROLFLMBO... :wink: Heck I wont care if there is some static in them. lol.. :lol: :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

Oh dreamer I think that it is just awful that you are having this problem....YA !! I BET !!
I worked to hard to buy this thing...
if you lived closer I'd let you cut stuff though :)

dreamer2009 02-16-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
The mat tends to develop static. I got a can of Static Guard and sprayed both sides of the mat; works great. Some websites said to rub a fabric softener sheet on the mat. I tried that too, but it didn't work for me.

Another tip, until you can get the Static Guard, is to lay the die upside down so you are lifting the die off the mat instead of lifting the mat off the side. This helps, but I always forget to do it. I like the Static Guard better.

OH< THIS HELPS...only 1 stuck this time.
note to brain..."remember to turn over"
T*H*A*N*K*S

Raggiemom 02-16-2011 11:03 AM

I've noticed alot of static on mine, will have to remember these tips for the next time I use it. Thanks!

CarrieAnne 02-16-2011 11:22 AM

Try rubbing your hand and the blade with a fabric softner sheet. Helps me!

crochetetc 02-16-2011 11:29 AM

I have had this problem to thanks for the tip!

dreamer2009 02-16-2011 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Try rubbing your hand and the blade with a fabric softner sheet. Helps me!

I'm allergic to these things :(

dreamer2009 02-16-2011 11:30 AM

Turning it upside down is working really good !!