Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   H-E-L-P.....Quilting somethings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/h-e-l-p-quilting-somethings-t319637.html)

MaryKa 12-01-2022 06:25 PM

H-E-L-P.....Quilting somethings

I repeat H-E-L-P.

Today (11-1-2022) I went to the Center and foud the quilting room empty but as I went in there was a tub sitting on one of the chairs. I went over and looked. I found very interesting things.

1) a valance thing--not sure what it is for Left it at the Center. check

2) 1 paper back book that sold for originally $25 + tax then sold again $18 + tax maybe about making little girl's clothing--never used as far as I can tell. Publisher: Martha Pullen check

3) LOTS of Quilt magazines from several publishers. Many have pattern page pullouts (which has never been done) 1 million checks

---> 4) pieces of flimsey plastic quilting "boards". Everything from a humminfbird to flowers to designs. Some are complete and some are missing a section. Some are for Borders and some are for I think squares. Some are 4" x 4" to 8" x 8". I know what to use these things for BUT How do you'll store yours to keep them from being ruined?<---

All ideas, thoughts, responses GREATLY Appreciated.

Quiltwoman44 12-01-2022 06:41 PM

well, the magazines can be stored in boxes or magazine racks. I use racks on shelves in my sewing room.. I've given most of my mags away so i have very little to deal with now.

polkweed 12-01-2022 06:48 PM

A lot of file storage works well for magazines. The upright ones that are tall in the back and short in the front are good if you want them accessible, but not taking up much room.

I don't think I understand what the quilting 'boards' are.

Sewgood 12-02-2022 05:09 AM

If you're referring to quilting stencils...(flimsy plastic stencil things)...I put a large ring through the hole they normally have at the time and hang them in a closet or on a hook. One of those ring things that are easy to open...can't think of the name right now.

MaryKa 12-02-2022 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sewgood (Post 8578269)
If you're referring to quilting stencils...(flimsy plastic stencil things)...I put a large ring through the hole they normally have at the time and hang them in a closet or on a hook. One of those ring things that are easy to open...can't think of the name right now.

This will work. Don't know why I couldn't think to use the rings. Just non-sense I guess. Will be an easy way to do these. Thank you for replying.

Quiltwoman44 12-02-2022 11:24 AM

I use some of those large clip to shut rings but also use large S hooks for peg boards, just use them to hang things onto my tall shelf my son put together for me in my sewing room. stencils and all sorts of things are organized this way.

quiltsfor 12-02-2022 11:33 AM

Very Cool! Sounds like you had a great find day!

MaryKa 12-02-2022 05:22 PM

Quiltwoman44 -- well, the magazines can be stored in boxes or magazine racks. I use racks on shelves in my sewing room.. I've given most of my mags away so i have very little to deal with now.

Polkweed -- A lot of file storage works well for magazines. The upright ones that are tall in the back and short in the front are good if you want them accessible, but not taking up much room.
Thank you both for your replies. I found some collapsible file boxes at DollarTree today after reading your ideas about your storage methods. I bought 5 and filled 1 with just the magazines I brought home yesterday. I will be going thru each one to see if there is anything I like and want to keep. If not, I will pass the entire book to someone else that likes to sew/quilt.