Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Had a Duh quilting moment lately? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/had-duh-quilting-moment-lately-t55056.html)

mlaceruby 07-18-2010 08:44 AM

I wouldn't have noticed it either but love them with the heart added!
great idea for some quick gifts!
I may make some up to add to christmas stocking stuffers!

jlong 07-18-2010 08:47 AM

I live in an all male house too. Teenage sons do see things differently. His comment made me lol.

quiltinghere 07-18-2010 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cute story -

I decorated 'store' bags with quilt blocks in the past also. I get lots of compliments "on the cute bag" ... little do they know it's a leftover block or a really cool piece of fabric! LOL

Just one of many decorated bags
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74751[/ATTACH]

Janie Q 07-18-2010 09:05 AM

Thats so funny. Great save with the heart.

nativetexan 07-18-2010 09:07 AM

Oh for goodness sakes. applique a flower in the center!
oops. saw the heart. Great idea!

Tink's Mom 07-18-2010 09:11 AM

REally good save....I was going to say, take your sharpie and make a wiggle design on the outside 4th green strip to change the design.

M.I.Late 07-18-2010 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
REally good save....I was going to say, take your sharpie and make a wiggle design on the outside 4th green strip to change the design.

Oooh that's a good camo idea too... Thanks!

mzsooz 07-18-2010 09:57 AM

I read somewhere the before the Swastika was adapted for ugliness it was actually a religious symbol. Maybe you can just think of this when you look at it!

patricej 07-18-2010 10:03 AM

those are the wrong colors for a swastika.

don't sweat it.

shalom and l'chaim! ;-)

sahm4605 07-18-2010 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
I read somewhere the before the Swastika was adapted for ugliness it was actually a religious symbol. Maybe you can just think of this when you look at it!

Actually the swastika is used in many different cultures. In the different cultures it has different meaning. I can't remember them all right now but for one culture it is a broken cross. if i remember it is a symbol of Christ breaking the bonds of death. If you look at any buildings in your town there are art deco and built between the 1910's and 1940's you will see swastikas decorate many of them. In KC there is a building that has them all over. I think that it is Bartel hall. can't remember which one exactly. there is another one if I am remembering my KC history class correct. A few of the cultures that have swastikas either on point flat or flipped are Native Americans, Indians, Egyptians. there are actually many more but can't think of them right this moment.
When ever I see the swastika I remember my grandfather who fought in WW2, and that we must never forget how Hitler as well as many other dictators oppress their people, and how they came into power. Through the promise of change.