Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancock Fabrics Preferred Customer Card (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancock-fabrics-preferred-customer-card-t122022.html)

cizzors 05-09-2011 06:42 PM

What is this thing good for? Nothing explained at the store or web site.

Karen

SherriB 05-09-2011 06:53 PM

Is it the key chain/wallet card? If it is that one, it just keeps you on the mailing list according to the employees at the Hancock near me.

Sadiemae 05-09-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
Is it the key chain/wallet card? If it is that one, it just keeps you on the mailing list according to the employees at the Hancock near me.

This is my understanding also.

Leota 05-09-2011 07:06 PM

It keeps you on the mailing list that gets you the preferred customer discounts that are not in the regular specials.

CloverPatch 05-09-2011 07:10 PM

Absolutly nothing!!

Really what it does is track your purchases, it helps them in their marketing department to know what is selling, how much of it they are selling and what other items you bought with it.

Mary M 05-09-2011 07:33 PM

I agree with this! I do not like these tracking cards that so many stores are demanding we use. It is either a card or our phone number. My wallet is filled with these junk cards and one day I just may revolt against using them.

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Absolutly nothing!!

Really what it does is track your purchases, it helps them in their marketing department to know what is selling, how much of it they are selling and what other items you bought with it.

BKrenning 05-09-2011 07:38 PM

I think you also get a 10% discount with it on non-sale stuff.

CloverPatch 05-09-2011 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mary M
I agree with this! I do not like these tracking cards that so many stores are demanding we use. It is either a card or our phone number. My wallet is filled with these junk cards and one day I just may revolt against using them.

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Absolutly nothing!!

I have been in stores that "require" a phone number for purchase. I always say NO. If I can't purchase this without giving up my privacy, then I need not shop there.
I was at a childrens store buying socks, it was required, could not proceed with out it. So I put the socks down and said good buy, the cashier changed her mind, did something and rang me up. Never went back.
Sister gives them the phone number to pizza hut. LOL

Sadiemae 05-09-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
I think you also get a 10% discount with it on non-sale stuff.

You don't get a discount in our Hancock's with the card.

rushdoggie 05-09-2011 08:20 PM

I get 2 coupons every month in the mailer, and now and then an additional discount on sale stuff coupon.