Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancock's of Paducah Fabric catalog (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancocks-paducah-fabric-catalog-t62429.html)

SharonAnne 08-31-2010 05:34 PM

Guess they will not just send me a catalog because I want one, lol. Suppose I will have to go online and sign up, even though I'd rather go there to pick it up (along with a lot of fabric).

katier825 08-31-2010 05:35 PM

I drooled so much I think the pages are stuck together! It's the nicest one so far. There isn't much I don't like in this one! :)

NikkiLu 08-31-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
I not only do I get my catalog on a regular basis... I was there... yep.. me! I was there live and in person. You think the book is drool worthy.. oh to touch all those fabrics. It was so hard not to put everything in a cart.. ok carts! We made a special day trip to go to the store and the museum. It was a wonderful day!

Yes, it is fabulous! 10 (TEN) rows of batiks!!!!! Not counting the rows of wide batiks backing, the blenders, etc. etc. etc. - hope that you went into the BACK ROOM too. My DD lives almost within walking distance to Hancocks and I need to go to visit her soon!

MzMcKee 08-31-2010 05:49 PM

Back Room!!! There's a back room!!! Oh man, I gotta go back now. Next trip to Tn. I'm there again!! And this time with more money!! <grin>

donnaree59 08-31-2010 05:53 PM

I couldn't EVER go there. I am trying not to use a credit card, and I sure don't have enough cash to get whatever I had to have... I would have gone crazy trying to narrow down my choices to the few I could have purchased!

NikkiLu 08-31-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
Back Room!!! There's a back room!!! Oh man, I gotta go back now. Next trip to Tn. I'm there again!! And this time with more money!! <grin>

Yes, there is a back room - kind of hard to see though - go back through the drapery/upholstery fabric department and there it is - all of their jelly rolls, cakes, etc. - also, you can see their warehouse rows and rows of wrapped fabric bundles, etc. - just makes you want to cry.

retired2pa 08-31-2010 06:09 PM

A couple years ago I was visiting a friend of mine that lives in St. Louis, MO and we drove to Paducah to see the Quilt Museum. We stopped at Hancock's...and they were CLOSED!! On a Saturday!! So was Elinor Burns' shop :( We did find a lovely little quilt shop just down the street from the museum so we splurged in there.

MzMcKee 08-31-2010 06:13 PM

I'm going to cry.. they have an Elenor Burn's shop in Paducah too. Now I have to go back. sigh.. Now I want to go back this weekend even. hmmmmm (wheels are a turnin') ;)

Chasing Hawk 08-31-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
I drooled so much I think the pages are stuck together! It's the nicest one so far. There isn't much I don't like in this one! :)

LOL

BarbaraA 08-31-2010 07:29 PM

I ordered some fabric from them about a month ago.....I hope I automatically get their catalog!