Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancock's was quiet at 5 PM on Black Friday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancocks-quiet-5-pm-black-friday-t169862.html)

bearisgray 11-26-2011 01:45 AM

Hancock's was quiet at 5 PM on Black Friday

I decided to stop in at Hancock's yesterday (Black Friday) around 5 PM - it was very quiet and very few customers were in the store then.

McCalls, Butterick, and Simplicity patterns were all on sale for $0.99 - so I bought a few - it was easier to buy new ones than excavate for the ones I already have.

I bought the adult clothing protector (bib) pattern - and several apron patterns. There were several patterns available that were like the gosh-awful to iron one that my mom had. Had a bib - ruffles around the arms, gathered waist. It was a green and white mini-gingham print - and was AWFUL to iron.

Sewing and quilting notions, rulers, and mats were on sale. Mary Ellen's Best Press was NOT on sale. Other than some patterns, I didn't see anything I wanted enough to buy.

MoanaWahine 11-26-2011 03:10 AM

I hear you. Ours did not open until 8:00 am. Still, not that many people there. Did take advantage of a few sales to help in a couple Christmas Gifts that I will be starting this coming week. Have to wait until the kids go back to school, since they are for them :o

davis2se 11-26-2011 04:47 AM

We don't have a Hancock's here, or anywere else in MI that I know of (wah) but the JoAnne's store in Alpena, MI was absolutely MOBBED when I was there at about 1:00 pm. They really need to better organize, and open a few temporary cash registers when they have the mega sales. I really believe that they could have sold much, much more merchandise if they had been more strategic about the placement of items relative to the very, very, very long check out lines. For example, one line went past the pattern drawers, but the 99 cent patters were on the other side of the drawer block. I know that I would have bought a number of patterns while standing in line.....but all in all, the staff at the store worked their little bumpties off, and did a great job.

QuiltnNan 11-26-2011 07:48 AM

glad you got to shop in peace and quiet.

skrucker 11-26-2011 10:02 AM

I don't know about yours but out Hancocks doesn't have that great of a selection of quilting fabrics. I just don't go there anymore.

Leota 11-26-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 4720820)
I decided to stop in at Hancock's yesterday (Black Friday) around 5 PM - it was very quiet and very few customers were in the store then.

McCalls, Butterick, and Simplicity patterns were all on sale for $0.99 - so I bought a few - it was easier to buy new ones than excavate for the ones I already have.

I bought the adult clothing protector (bib) pattern - and several apron patterns. There were several patterns available that were like the gosh-awful to iron one that my mom had. Had a bib - ruffles around the arms, gathered waist. It was a green and white mini-gingham print - and was AWFUL to iron.

Sewing and quilting notions, rulers, and mats were on sale. Mary Ellen's Best Press was NOT on sale. Other than some
patterns, I didn't see anything I wanted enough to buy.

I got the $2.99 fleece for my DH a new robe (his is one I made 33 years ago), the $2.99 fake suede and 4 of the 99
cent patterns... i had a couple of old patterns of same style but wrong size... easier to buy the right size then to enlarge from teeny tiny to baby elephant size ha ha
I went early in the morning and it wasn't bad... busy but not crazy...

deedum 11-26-2011 04:11 PM

I really like our Hancocks, I shop there often. However, I got so much stash, that I am trying to behave myself! Staying out of the stores is my goal. I do what I can to support our local stores, where I can.

QUILTNMO 11-26-2011 05:06 PM

I just got my flyer in todays mail for black friday could have been why not alot of people