Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hand Lotion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hand-lotion-t69922.html)

brightstar_202 10-15-2010 05:04 PM

neat idea I think I will use this one and man do I need it

Quilting Nana 10-15-2010 06:57 PM

Does anyone know where to get lanolin?

quilterj 10-15-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
I am trying a new to me product called "Okeeffes Working Hands". You apply it at night or after showering. I have only used it for two nights, they also have a product for feet. Time will tell....

Where did you get this?

quilterj 10-15-2010 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Deb53
Concerning the recipe for hand lotion in previous entries:

Actually the recipe I was given and use is a little different.

15 oz baby lotion (love the night time baby lotion with soothing aromas like light lavender scent)
1/2 cup vaseline
8 oz. vitamin E cream

I used a pump container - empty and cleaned pump from dollar store hand sanititizer ($1).
Until I know what I want to do with the "batch" of lotion, I put it in a container like empty salsa or spagetti jar.
I have found bottles and containers of all sizes at stores that work. Find the right bottles and it's great as gifts.
When I give it as a gift I add to the note that it's: Hand and Body Lotion with soothing aromas made by .....

What brand of baby lotion do you buy that has this fragrance
in it. And do you find this at the dollar store?

dreamboat 10-15-2010 07:29 PM

I use rich moisture hand cream from avon.

Momsmurf 10-15-2010 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Does anyone know where to get lanolin?

Try your local pharmacy. If they don't have it, your pharmacist might be able to order it for you.

BrendaB 10-15-2010 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Could someone post a picture of what they are calling "vitamin E cream" in the recipe?

Thanks!

Here is exactly what I use for one batch of lotion. I purchased all ingredients at Dollar General.

That was so nice of you to post the picture. Having the picture will help me get the correct things. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe for lotion. :-)

craftiladi 10-16-2010 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jenni M
I love Mary Kay hand cream.

Me too....!!!!!

Grandma Cindy 10-16-2010 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by quilterj

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
I am trying a new to me product called "Okeeffes Working Hands". You apply it at night or after showering. I have only used it for two nights, they also have a product for feet. Time will tell....

Where did you get this?

I went on line and here in Central Florida it is found at Lowe's, in the paint department.

Grandma Cindy 10-16-2010 08:16 AM

A dermatologist once told me that ideally if you wash your hands 10 times apply lotion 11 times. I am also a nurse and the soaps are ruthless. So, carry your product with you, use it continually, and we should all have hands as soft as a baby's bottom, lol.......