Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Handquilting: always one missing stitch with new thread?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/handquilting-always-one-missing-stitch-new-thread-t147021.html)

granny_59 08-22-2011 09:41 AM

I got all my handquilting "knowledge" from aunt google and this board.
When I finish one thread I make the knot and bury it between the layers. Then I restart with again burying the knot coming up for the next stitch. But then there is one missing stitch at the bottom, isn`t there?
Doesnt really show but is there another way?

Any good teaching videos out there?
Thanks for reading
Granny

saf 08-22-2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
When I finish one thread I make the knot and bury it between the layers. Then I restart with again burying the knot coming up for the next stitch. But then there is one missing stitch at the bottom, isn`t there?

Thanks for reading
Granny

Hello granny. Look on Youtube for Sharon Schaumber's hoopless quilting. She has a very clear tutorial that deals with this issue.

quiltsRfun 08-22-2011 09:55 AM

I take a back stitch where the new thread comes up. But then I'm a self-taught quilter too.

granny_59 08-22-2011 10:08 AM

:idea: :idea: for others interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDcLMiR2SAo

Isnt there a more complicated way to do it!? :oops: :oops:
Some things are so simple that one feels ashamed not to get the idea yourself.
Thank you so much.
Granny

alikat110 08-22-2011 10:43 AM

Thank you!

MsEithne 08-22-2011 10:47 AM

Thanks for reading
Granny

I don't know about teaching videos but how I do it is to always end my first thread with a stitch on the top, then bury the knot.

Then I start my second thread by burying the knot and taking the first stitch underneath, showing on the backing side.

No missing stitches!

LivelyLady 08-22-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by MsEithne

Thanks for reading
Granny

I don't know about teaching videos but how I do it is to always end my first thread with a stitch on the top, then bury the knot.

Then I start my second thread by burying the knot and taking the first stitch underneath, showing on the backing side.

No missing stitches!

That's how I start and stop too.

LivelyLady 08-22-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by MsEithne

Thanks for reading
Granny

No missing stitches!

That's how I start and stop too.