Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   handquilting look machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/handquilting-look-machine-t72330.html)

quilter53 10-25-2010 07:44 PM

Have any of you used the quilting machine by Bernina(I think), that looks like handquilting? That is all it does. It also uses regular thread not the monofilament thread. I saw a sample of what it can do but not the machine itself. Just wondering if any of you have one and what you think.

nursie76 10-25-2010 07:52 PM

I am not sure it is a Bernina. My Bernina does a stitch that uses monofiliment an looks like hand. BabyLock makes a machine that does only Shashiko stitching which looks like a primitive hand stitch.

DebraK 10-25-2010 07:57 PM

I think it is just another way to sew. I wouldn't pay money for a machine to do this.

akrogirl 10-25-2010 08:20 PM

The Babylock Sashiko is not only for quilting. One lady bought it just for garment sewing and has posted pictures on the Yahoo group of the wonderful top stitching she has been able to do with it. It gives a very nice couture look to jackets and blouses.

ckcowl 10-26-2010 04:03 AM

my viking has a stitch choice...hand quilting. it is just one of many stitches included in the machine. does not matter what thread you use, lots of other stitches to. i don't think i would want to own a machine that only did a hand-stitch (stitch) i like having lots of options.

quilter53 10-26-2010 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
I am not sure it is a Bernina. My Bernina does a stitch that uses monofiliment an looks like hand. BabyLock makes a machine that does only Shashiko stitching which looks like a primitive hand stitch.

It was a lady in our group who told us and showed us the stitching sample who works at a Bernina shop. I believe she did mention shashiko stitching.
My D1 has the hand stitch look but it doesn't look right without using the monofilament thread along with the regular thread. I'm always curious about different machines. Lol, always wanting to learn something new. :lol:

wanderingcreek 10-26-2010 06:53 AM

I saw a machine like this at the Creative Stitching show in Edmonton earlier this month. The lady demonstrating it told me that the stitches it made were just like hand quilting. It did look nice but not a very practical machine for me and the cost was close to 2 thousand dollars.

judylg 10-26-2010 06:56 AM

I have a stitch on the babylock quilters choice that is similar to hand quilting stitches. I have used it from time to time. As much as I would love a new machine, this one is working like a charm.

quilter53 10-26-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
I saw a machine like this at the Creative Stitching show in Edmonton earlier this month. The lady demonstrating it told me that the stitches it made were just like hand quilting. It did look nice but not a very practical machine for me and the cost was close to 2 thousand dollars.

Whoa! Not practical is right.

Candace 10-26-2010 07:00 AM

Do a search here for babylock sashiko and there have been several threads about it.