Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Happy! Happy! Happy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/happy-happy-happy-t199419.html)

SallySaidSew 09-02-2012 07:47 PM

Happy! Happy! Happy!

My job finally came to an end this past Friday after multiple extensions. My office location closed so I got laid off. Yeah, it stinks to have to go find a new job BUT I am super excited to have extra quilting time while I job search. I've got several quilt projects in process - like quilts and gifts for Christmas presents for family members and a couple of ones I designed. I bought most of my fabric for these projects while I was working so I am pretty much set in that department. I can't wait to start working on my quilts!!

Tashana 09-02-2012 07:51 PM

I don't know whether to say I am sorry or yeeepeeee! It sucks that you lost your job but the silver lining rocks - quilting time galore! Enjoy it while you can!

spokanequilter 09-02-2012 08:40 PM

Um, congratulations??? I call that making lemonade out of lemons... I love that you are looking at a positive opportunity out of losing your job.. Good luck with the job hunt and the quilts!!

OHSue 09-02-2012 11:42 PM

Great that you can put a positive spin on something bad! Good luck in the job hunt.

BMP 09-03-2012 02:14 AM

I know the feeling, my temp job that was suppose to be 2 weeks went for 15 weeks, not that I am not glad to have that extra money but I had no sewing time at all during that working time. My last day will be this coming Friday and I have lots of projects I have bought fabric for and after soing a good cleaning of my house I am free to begin sewing again..... I know another temp job will be coming again so I am going to take advantage of my non working time too !!!

Yarn or Fabric 09-03-2012 03:34 AM

Sounds like it's a blessing and a curse! I'm both happy and sad for you although it sounds like you are relieved that is over. I have had friends that had jobs that kept getting extended over and over again. It drove them nuts wondering when and if it would ever end. Soooo. get sewing!!! Enjoy the in between :D

ArtsyOne 09-03-2012 03:38 AM

Me too! My job was eliminated at the end of February and I've been temping ever since. I love it and hope to continue. Every week I have at least one day off - you wouldn't believe how much sewing one can get done in an unplanned day. Congratulations on your positive attitude and happy quilting!

joyce blint 09-03-2012 08:24 AM

It sounds like you planned ahead for this time by getting your supplies ahead. Now, enjoy your extra time and good luck.

BellaBoo 09-03-2012 09:15 AM

I'm happy you have some time to yourself! You can always make more money but never more time.

cmw0829 09-03-2012 09:56 AM

Sounds like you were mentally ready for getting laid off - and I can only imagine that each extension disrupted your mental preparation.

Enjoy the time you have for quilting!