Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Happy Holidays....stopping by for a visit! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/happy-holidays-stopping-visit-t32644.html)

blzzrdqueen 12-30-2009 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted! And I miss you all!

I haven't quilted since August, and I've just started a quilt for an aunt of mine who had a severe stroke 3 months ago. She's currently living at a rehab center and she only really has my cousin and uncle to be with her as much as possible. One of them is always there with her for every meal. So my mother and I plan to visit my aunt at the rehab center in a few weeks and I'm making a wall hanging, or lap quilt with the 12" card trick pattern on quilterscache.com. I'm using a tan print, a maroonish print and a blue print for 6 blocks. I think I want shashing but I won't know until I finish piecing the blocks.

It feels so good to be doing this wonderful craft again, it's so relaxing for me!! I may be novice, but I'm addicted, I went through serious withdrawals the last few months!

I hope I can post a little more often, but family takes over!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and your New Year is just as wonderful!

God Bless
Jennifer

Card Trick 12"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60864[/ATTACH]

Ninnie 12-30-2009 08:04 AM

Good to hear from you. Hope your aunt gets well soon. Great pattern for a lap quilt!

Bevanger 12-30-2009 08:30 AM

Happy Holidays to you as well. Love your block

ScrapQuilter 12-30-2009 08:32 AM

Hope your aunt is feeling better. Love your colors.
Know what you mean about withdrawal... Life get in the way of quilting and we know family comes first.
Glad you are able to get back to quilting and you are so right it is addicting and relaxing at the same time.
hope you have a wonderful 2010.
Scrap Q

Oklahoma Suzie 12-30-2009 08:38 AM

Happy New Year.

amma 12-30-2009 09:45 AM

(((HUGS))) We have missed you, I am so happy you were able to pop in :D:D:D I hope that your aunt gets better and that soon you will be able to be back on the board again :D:D:D

Jim's Gem 12-30-2009 11:33 AM

Welcome back!! That's very thoughtful to make a gift for your Aunt. I'm sure that she will treasure it!

Quiltbaby 12-30-2009 12:34 PM

I hope your aunt gets better and you get to quilt a litle bit more. I have made this card trick block before and it is a lot of fun. Your's looks great. I hope your aunt will love it.

Welcome back and a happy New Year to you.

Quiltbaby

Catherine 12-30-2009 12:39 PM

Jennifer...I know where you are coming from..I have been off the board for a while..haven't quilted much and wondering why I haven't!
I have had a baby quilt that needed to be finished a month ago. Just can't seem to get in that groove! Glad you got it back!! Best wishes.

GailG 12-30-2009 01:41 PM

Love the card tricks (have always wanted to try one). I have that maroon piece. Used it as the background for my kaleidoscope quilt top which is a WIP/UFO.

Your color combo is outstanding.