Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Harbor Freight Blades on Sale for $1.79 for March (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-blades-sale-%241-79-march-t106835.html)

jljack 03-11-2011 09:17 AM

Harbor Freight carpet cutter blades are on sale for $1.79 a pack. The stores don't seem to have any, at least my local one does not, and said they would not be getting them for several weeks. Online they are in stock at the same sale price. However, keep in mind that their cheapest shipping is via FedEx for $8.99. You will want to buy several packs at that cost. So I bought 10, for a total of $28+..so my blades are costing me $2.80 each instead of $5 in the LQS or fabric stores. Actually 2 blades in a pack, so $1.40 each blade.

Still a GREAT deal!!

Grama Lehr 03-11-2011 09:21 AM

WOW!!

If I wanted to call the store and see if they were in stock, what would I ask for??

pennijanine 03-11-2011 09:23 AM

You would ask for Carpet Cutter Replacement Blades.

incoming2me 03-11-2011 09:27 AM

Pack of 2 Carpet Cutter Replacement Blades
Item # 97642

They seem to be scarce to non-existent at the Harbor Freight in Houston. :)
I bought several packs a few months ago but haven't seen any in the store lately.

I read on retailmenot that HF is running a free shipping special March 14-20.
The $1.79 special might be over by then but the overall savings is still well worth it!
...might be something to look into!

jljack 03-11-2011 09:48 AM

Well, 8.99 divided over 20 blades is not terrible. It's still about 1/4 the price of blades sold for our rotary cutters.

grann of 6 03-11-2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Harbor Freight carpet cutter blades are on sale for $1.79 a pack. The stores don't seem to have any, at least my local one does not, and said they would not be getting them for several weeks. Online they are in stock at the same sale price. However, keep in mind that their cheapest shipping is via FedEx for $8.99. You will want to buy several packs at that cost. So I bought 10, for a total of $28+..so my blades are costing me $2.80 each instead of $5 in the LQS or fabric stores. Actually 2 blades in a pack, so $1.40 each blade.

Still a GREAT deal!!

Yep, I got 10 packs 2 weeks ago and a new tool kit to have around the house.

newquilter10 03-11-2011 01:22 PM

Same here in McAllen, they even told me when to come and I did and still not any. I think they should order many thousands as we would buy them!! :)

EagarBeez 03-11-2011 03:09 PM

When this first came out, I went online and ordered 2. Harbor freight sent me an email and told me, I had to order at least 10 dollars worth before they would ship. DH told me to order 10 packages which I did. At the time they were 1.49 a package, I had to wait almost 2 mths, because of all the back order. They did send cards out, and if you wanted to cancel your order, you sent the card back. I did not want to cancel my order so I did not send the card back. Be careful if your waiting for your order and get a card in the mail to read it twice. I know of someone who sent the card back not realizing they were not suppose to.