Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Harbor Freight Rotary Blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-rotary-blades-t107378.html)

Quilting Nana 03-15-2011 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by swanrd
I bought mine and put them where I knew where they would be and now I can't find them to try LOL

I do that all the time.
I have used two of them so far and had not problems.
Even if one has a nick it is still a lot cheaper.

Quilting Nana 03-15-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Thepecanlady
Can you tell me how to find them on the HF website? When I put in "blade" as a search, it comes up with everything but 45mm blades. I would like to order some. Thanks!

try putting in carpet cutter blades.

JoanneS 03-15-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by aggie
What do you think of them. They don't seem that sharp to me?Right from the "get go" I had to press harder than usual and many times I have to go over and over to get fabric completely cut. Am I the only who has had trouble?

Did you accidentally put BOTH blades from the package in your cutter? That would cause it to do what you described. I havent' had any problems with mine, and they last much longer than other blades.

wvdek 03-15-2011 10:28 AM

Without reading through all the posts, as this is a repeat question many times over, I have had no problems. Mine cut as well as teh Olfa blades I used to buy from JA's. Be sure you do not have two blades on together. Sometimes the oil makes them stick together. Carefully take tehm apart if you do. I use a paper towel folded up and grab each side and pull opposite from each other. Also, take it off and put it on with the inside facing out. Could make a difference. Otherwise, do a SEARCH at the top of the ribbon(page) and type in 'Harbor Freight Blades'. Lots of tidbits on those threads.

Cathleen Colson 03-15-2011 02:03 PM

I have the TruCut sharpener and like it! Sharpened my old rotary blades and was able to use about 80% of them. It won't take out nicks, so those blades got tossed. Don't press down while the blade is in the sharpener - the sharpening is taking place on the sides of the blades, just like a knife sharpener. Bought 25 packs of blades from Harbor Freight and gave 3 packs to each of my small quilt group members at Christmas - they love them and have had no problems.

rfbrazell 03-15-2011 02:12 PM

Elaine,
Where do you get them?
Robert

murielrh 03-15-2011 02:27 PM

I purchsed Harbor Freight blades and when I first put them in my rotary cutter had the same problem with raggy edges. However, upon reading the instructions, the blades came 2 together in the same package. When separated, they worked beautifully.

MRH, Saylorsburg, PA

kathyquilter34 03-15-2011 02:38 PM

The first time I tried to find them at HF I could not find them..and the clerk said they did not carry 45 blades..Then I found out they are called carpet blades..went back and bought 10 packages..on sale for $1.49 and had a 20%off besides..they have worked great for me..finished cutting a bag full of flannel besides a few quilts..with one blade..think I may change it soon..

rfbrazell 03-15-2011 02:59 PM

Thank you so much.
Gonna order some right now.
R

llcathey 03-15-2011 03:07 PM

so glad you mentioned that they were called carpet blades, they have a Harbor Frieght in Las Vegas which we'll be there April 14th first place Im going too have to give the blades a try