Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Harbor Freight tools round blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-tools-round-blades-t121045.html)

charity-crafter 05-07-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by selm

Originally Posted by valsma
Do you think they wonder why there is a run on rotary carpet cutting blades? LOL

I noticed the only customer reviews online were from quilters. Maybe we should keep quiet about this and just keep it in the quilting community? No sense in spoiling a good thing. :-P :-P

They know already. My local store only has 1 or 2 packs if I can find them at all. I asked the manager when they expected more in and he said they had a hard time keeping them in stock. "it's those quilters. They found out it's the same blade as their expensive ones and we can't keep them in stock."

I agree about keeping quiet about it. Let's just let it be our little secret.

sunflower126 05-07-2011 03:31 PM

Went to Harbor Freight while hubby and I were out buying paint. Bought 6 packs. Just put a new Olfa one in my cutter so it will be a couple of weeks before I try one. Hopefully they will work well. Even if one or two aren't good, it's still better than paying $31.99 for a pack of 5 at JoAnns--even with 1/2 off coupon. I guess I'm a member of the club now too.

ozarkmama 05-07-2011 04:12 PM

I bought mine online from Harbor Freight. So you don't have to dispair.

joyce888 05-07-2011 05:11 PM

OK I've just placed an order for 10 packs after reading all the threads. I've already got an Olfa 45mm. I've been using the 60mm for ages but I'm willing to give this 45 a shot at these prices.

janb 05-08-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by wolflady
My DH resharpens my blades for me, so i don't have to buy to many blades. Love it.
Wolflady

HOW ????

justflyingin 05-08-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by glenda5253
I want to join! (whine) Every time I get to town I either run out of time or wear out before I get to HF. It's way across town.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...des-97642.html

On sale right now

janb 05-09-2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter

Originally Posted by selm

Originally Posted by valsma
Do you think they wonder why there is a run on rotary carpet cutting blades? LOL

I noticed the only customer reviews online were from quilters. Maybe we should keep quiet about this and just keep it in the quilting community? No sense in spoiling a good thing. :-P :-P

They know already. My local store only has 1 or 2 packs if I can find them at all. I asked the manager when they expected more in and he said they had a hard time keeping them in stock. "it's those quilters. They found out it's the same blade as their expensive ones and we can't keep them in stock."

I agree about keeping quiet about it. Let's just let it be our little secret.

Agree...keep it quiet!

Ann L 05-10-2011 05:50 PM

I went today and they had no replacement blades, all sold out. They had three on the shelf with the handle and three blades so I was going to get all three, when I checked them out, seems someone did a 5 finger discunt on the two extra blades on the other two. We told them, all they dd is say ok, and hung it right back up. I thinik I will check on line and see how much postage is.

Ann L 05-10-2011 05:53 PM

They were $1.39 on the shelf. I am checking agan tomorrow. They sad they get there orders in on Wed.

valsma 05-11-2011 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ann L
I went today and they had no replacement blades, all sold out. They had three on the shelf with the handle and three blades so I was going to get all three, when I checked them out, seems someone did a 5 finger discunt on the two extra blades on the other two. We told them, all they dd is say ok, and hung it right back up. I thinik I will check on line and see how much postage is.

Postage wasn't that bad especially if your buying more than one or two packages.
I seriously hate the attitude of some employees of some stores. I guess the bottom line is what is important to them. They probably think someone will buy it without noticing the missing blades.