Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-any-one-purchased-jo-ann-cutting-table-t107702.html)

passionpiecer 03-15-2011 05:37 PM

what a great price! I didnt get a joann flyer.

Eileen 03-15-2011 06:35 PM

Yes, I love mine. I've had it for about 8 years. I also purchased the cutting mat for the top.

I never drop the sides. have too much UFO's sitting around the edges. LOL

BfloDd 03-15-2011 06:35 PM

I bought mine 3 yrs. Ago. I used it in the middle of the room without any support. It got shaky and then started leaning so bad I was afraid it would collapse (it does appear that the legs have been modified to ad some stablity). My hubby tried adding metal braces which only worked for a short time. I replaced it with two folding tables that can be set up at a nice height. I bought the tables at BJ's warehouse for around $25.00 each. I have a long one under a sunny window for my sewing machine (sometimes more than one), my ironing pad and iron and my Ott light. Also have a little flat screen TV mounted on the wall to the side.

Calico Grammy 03-15-2011 06:35 PM

Yes!!! I have 2 and love them both!!! Very handy.

JANW 03-15-2011 06:49 PM

I have that one and a Sullivan and Sullivan is more stable.

MaureenM 03-15-2011 06:49 PM

I have the cutting table and love it. No more back pain cutting a quilt out. I also have the cutting mat that covers the whole table, so you always have a spot to cut on. I also bought the ironing mat, that fits the whole table at Joann's when the wall was at 50% off. All purchessed at Joann's on sale.

Ms Elaine Va 03-15-2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by jitkaau
Again, I will make the price comparison (must be in my DNA) - I have recently bought one of these for the princely sum of $299 as nothing is cheap over here. It has saved lots of back aches, but I could have it a few inches higher still.I think one with adjustable leg height would be ideal for some of us taller "girls" as we are not all 5'2" any more.
I was inspired to get it as I christened my friend's more expensive one ($799) during the Christmas break and noticed the difference to my back.

My LQS has put concrete blocks under a couple of their tables for the taller girls - I envy you - bet you don't have a step stool to reach the 2nd shelf in your kitchen cabinets LOL

Treasureit 03-15-2011 06:53 PM

I have only read through about half these posts, and maybe I got the only lemon, but I don't really like it. I have to keep tightening the screws, which aren't exactly screws and I have get a certain tool from my hubby to do it. It is almost always too wiggly and I would prefer something more srurdy.

virgwid 03-15-2011 07:08 PM

Ok, convinced me. Can you let us know when it goes on sale? Thanks!

Arleners 03-15-2011 07:24 PM

I have one of these. For the most part, I like it. Since it had wheels, it is easy to move around. I actually keep both leaves folded when I am not working on a project. It then can be placed up against a wall and sticks out as much as a shelf. When I am cutting, I open one leaf. You just have to pick up the side of the table and pull the support bar into place. When I am planning to baste a quilt, I pull the table from the wall and unfold the second leaf. Then it is big enough to on all but the biggest quilts. I even use it to press large pieces of fabric. I put a bath towel on the surface. It has never warped.
It has gotten a little wobbly but I have had it for a good number of year.