Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone checked out yardsellr? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-checked-out-yardsellr-t174339.html)

sewbeadit 01-03-2012 04:40 PM

Has anyone checked out yardsellr?

I think I spelled it correctly? Yardsellr is associated or run by or owned by, or whatever Facebook. I looked on there because of an ad on here. Boy is it confusing. You can't buy, sell, ask questions or anything else unless you give them all your private information off of facebook and/or join facebook. It runs a list as to who liked what and who bought what etc. I am thinking I don't anyone to know what I bought or what I liked. Is there anyone on here that has any experience with this place? Could you tell us your thoughts on it. Thank you.

luvTooQuilt 01-03-2012 05:10 PM

that sounds crazy... Another reason I dont FB..

tjradj 01-03-2012 05:28 PM

Run away, do not look back. Anything that wants that much information without a good reason is suspicious.

mighty 01-03-2012 06:46 PM

Never heard of it. I do not do Facebook. I think I would stir clear of it, they want to much info.

sandilee 01-03-2012 10:35 PM

I have it on my Facebook and they NEVER asked any personal questions or I wouldn't of joined! I get alot of good ideas from their stock and good prices. Haven't ordered anything, yet.

Dane of Yardsellr 01-04-2012 10:51 AM

Yardsellr is A-Okay

Hi guys! Saw a couple folks wondering about Yardsellr! Yardsellr is site where sellers can sell the stuff they love to folks who love the same stuff too.
Quilting is one of our many different areas and has a large community of awesome quilters.
We use Facebook Connect is just a simple way to Log In to Yardsellr as many sites use this. We do not have access to information that you do not provide. I'd love to help anyone who wants to try out Yardsellr and willing to answer any questions!

My email is [email protected] and I look forward to helping out many new quilters find awesome supplies or quilts as well as be able to sell them as well.

-Dane of Yardsellr

Drue 01-04-2012 02:48 PM

I opted out of FB some time ago for the second time and for good this time. They came into my e-mail addy book on the address I signed up with and took it over...they sent everyone on there that wasn't already in their list and sent them an invite "in my behalf" (NOT) to join and signed my e-mail address to it! I was livid to say the least. This is the second time they did this. I will not do FB anymore, even tho I know I am missing out on a lot of pics of "family and Friends" and whatever and a lot of "free" stuff and contests and etc from folks in the quilting category and embroidery category and sewing category....it's a shame they limit these things to FB followers...they loose a lot of my business because of this cause I won't go there. FB is a scarey place...sort of a BIG BROTHER of the cyber world.
OK, my opinion...just keep your guard up and watch out for your address books and your friends!

Drue 01-04-2012 02:51 PM

Could not pull up [email protected]
Kept getting an error.

Prism99 01-04-2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Drue (Post 4842149)
Could not pull up [email protected]
Kept getting an error.

That's an email address, not a website address.

sewbeadit 01-04-2012 07:49 PM

I know for a fact, that they want into all of your information. I went on there to ask a person a question about fabric she had for sale, they wanted permission to get into all of my information, on one I said no and they wouldn't let me in to yardsller. I think this stinks, the use of Facebook and that type of thing, you can't use unless you give info.