Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone combined a bowtie block with a tumbling block? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-combined-bowtie-block-tumbling-block-t77383.html)

redkimba 11-21-2010 08:01 AM

I love that design. I want to see the picture when you are done.

We have such smart creative folks here. :) :thumbup:

btiny36 11-21-2010 08:08 AM

All you have to do, is open your project, then click file and export it...give it a name and save it to your desktop..then come back here start a new topic and add the file...name it, then browse to where you saved it and there you go...just hit send.....

MTS 11-21-2010 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does this work for you?

Ignore the color selections, I was just trying to show how the different values of the purple will differentiate each Tumbling block.

klgreene 11-21-2010 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I came up with....

klgreene 11-21-2010 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
Does this work for you?

Ignore the color selections, I was just trying to show how the different values of the purple will differentiate each Tumbling block.

I like how your block are all together. I've just gotten EQ7 and and still learning. I've never had EQ before. But it's fun.

MTS 11-21-2010 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Potato, Patato. <g>

I haven't gotten EQ7 yet (I missed the cheap upgrade offer and am now punishing myself).

I'm sure the options are similar

Quilt - New Quilt - Baby Blocks.

How easy was that?

This is the same quilt but with Variable Baby Blocks - stretched a bit to get that diamond shape for the Bowtie Block.

btiny36 11-21-2010 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wow I really need to figure out EQ more :oops: here is what I came up with...not great fabrics I used but it gives an idea...

klgreene 11-21-2010 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
Potato, Patato. <g>

I haven't gotten EQ7 yet (I missed the cheap upgrade offer and am now punishing myself).

I'm sure the options are similar

Quilt - New Quilt - Baby Blocks.

How easy was that?

This is the same quilt but with Variable Baby Blocks - stretched a bit to get that diamond shape for the Bowtie Block.

Nope, I didn't know how easy it was until you just explained it. LOL Like I said, I'm new to EQ, so I actually drew it out. Which is why the bow tie area is not the exact dimentions. If I would have known it was that easy, I wouldn't have taken three days to figure it out. But Oh well, I learned again. I'm always learning something on this board.

JNCT14 11-22-2010 05:16 AM

Hey Katie and MTS - these designs are great! So question though - is the bowtie shape a square or a diamond shape? What I tried (and I'm not real thrilled about it)is I created the Bowtie block using the 10 minute method, then took the diamond template from the Tumbling Blocks and cut the square Bowtie block to make it a diamond. Then I pieced it normally.

The trouble is that the Bowtie looks a bit squashed and the sides are out of scale. So if the Bowtie block remains a square, what do i do for the sides?

klgreene 11-22-2010 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JNCT14
Hey Katie and MTS - these designs are great! So question though - is the bowtie shape a square or a diamond shape? What I tried (and I'm not real thrilled about it)is I created the Bowtie block using the 10 minute method, then took the diamond template from the Tumbling Blocks and cut the square Bowtie block to make it a diamond. Then I pieced it normally.

The trouble is that the Bowtie looks a bit squashed and the sides are out of scale. So if the Bowtie block remains a square, what do i do for the sides?

They are the diamond shape. Which I'm sure isn't the easiest to try to do with the 10 min. block. What if you made the tumbling block, in the colors you want. Then make a 3-d bow tie from the 10 min block, or just out of fabric, or applique a bow on top. Something like this?