Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone ever wanted to (seriously) reduce their stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-ever-wanted-seriously-reduce-their-stash-t42483.html)

Boston1954 04-12-2010 07:01 AM

I gave a bunch to Craftybug last year and she was thrilled. Makes me want to give her more. And as someone said, it gives me reason to buy more. Mainly it's because I had gone through the entire stash and found there were some that I had "fallen out of love with". Rather than throw them away, I decided to hand them off and let someone else enjoy something that, for her, is new.

jbud2 04-12-2010 08:51 AM

I do have some fabric this I think is 'dated' and some that I just don''t care for anymore that I give to a friend who works in the activity center of a nursing home. They will take anything!

msquilter59 04-12-2010 09:10 AM

I'd like to use mine up but I have a LOVE of 30's and Civil War repros and am trying to build up my collections of those. If I had a computer & camera at home I'd list some of mine for sale. (We're hoping to get a computer set up at home in the next couple of months)

Mary B MS

sewjoyce 04-12-2010 05:26 PM

You're kidding, right?? :lol: :lol:

Lostn51 04-12-2010 05:35 PM

I had (and still do) a lot of small pieces that I would not do anything with but take up room and I made my sons "Happy Scrappy". The only thing about it was I needed a couple of colors so I cut up some of my bigger pieces and now they are in the too small to use for anything else pile!!

Billy

Barbm 04-12-2010 05:39 PM

I did a good job- reduced 14 tubs of fabric by 2. But I just realized I filled one back up again. Need to get back to work of giving some away and sending some to my dd. She just started sewing and quilting. I love to use it for packing material.

yourstrulyquilts 04-12-2010 06:38 PM

NO WAY!! :mrgreen:

Barb_MO 04-12-2010 06:47 PM

I don't have enough stash to get rid of. I think I'm down to about enough to make two or three quilts.

Pamela Artman 04-12-2010 06:59 PM

Two years ago before we moved, I went through my stash piece by piece and gave my daughter a couple boxes full of fabric. She just learned how to quilt and I thought she should have her own stash! Most of it was somewhat dated and my tastes have changed over the years and some of the cutsey country fabric didn't suit me anymore, but she was happy to have them. There was one fabric that I gave her, and after she made it into a quilt, I was sooo sorry!! It turned out so cute, I wanted it back!!!! Now, I pretty much love all the fabric in my stash, and I'm using it and trying not to buy any new fabric for a while.

Quilting D 04-12-2010 07:34 PM

Yes, in a way I guess I have. I would never toss any fabric but I get a kick out of giving a friend a piece of fabric that she totally loves and has quilt that is perfect for it. I also get a special thrill out of making a quilt exclusively from my stash fabrics. I can't explain it but I really enjoy seeing the space open up a little when I use some fabric. There is nothing quite like a drawer or shelf that is empty. It seems I've always had too much stuff for the space so open space is like a breath of fresh air. Also, I love, love, love "reducing my stash by making a quilt and giving it to someone that loves it! Don't we all! :D