Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone had a problem with Brother embroidery machines? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-had-problem-brother-embroidery-machines-t57908.html)

patdesign 08-05-2010 06:38 AM

I have a Brother embroidery machine and yesterday in middle of an embroidery project, the thread kept breaking. It finally got so bad that the tension discs hidden inside the were jammed with thread bits, (I didn't find this out till a trip to the repairman where I purchased it) Apparently,with the auto guided threading, sometimes the thread doesn't go where it is supposed to go,(you cant see this happen) only to snap off later. Then you have no tension on the top thread and it results is a real jam under the presser foot. Guess what the repairman told me, I am not the only one, this is a design flaw in some of the Brother machines, no solution either.

jamh 08-05-2010 06:45 AM

My mom has a Brother embroidery machine, sounds like the same one!! I HATE this machine it never works right very cheap made, and without the card the you can use with it, You are so limited at what you can do!! When JUST sewing its not as bad but still have trouble with it! I want an embroidery machine but will never own one like this even if it was given to me!! I wish you luck with yours!!

brookemarie19 08-05-2010 06:57 AM

I have a SE400 and I must say that I love it. I sure hope this isn't the one that you guys are having problems with.

patdesign 08-05-2010 06:59 AM

This is my second, the first was the entry level and would only do 4 x 4 field, so I upgraded to the 1250D which uses a memory stick, it had been doing ok till now, but I think that for the money, I should have paid a little more and gotten one with a larger lcd screen and more edit capability in the machine, for instance I can't use many designs on the stick because the machine can't read so many and I can only change the size by 20 percent +/- so I have to use an embroidery software program to change things on the computer, and then save to the stick. If I hadn't had a computer I would be out of luck. Of course the auto threading helps with the multiple thread changes required, but not being able to see those tension discs is the pits.! :(

Nancy S. 08-05-2010 08:42 AM

This is my second Brother and I wouldn't get anything else. Mine works great!!

sharon b 08-05-2010 08:47 AM

I have the SE270D and it has issues from time to time :wink: I wonder if it is the top thread ?

Didn't someone say they just did a redesign and no more cassettes that is why they sold the 350 so cheap after Christmas . But I still love it , it is a GREAT entry level machine :lol:

martha jo 08-05-2010 09:03 AM

I have an older Brother embroider/sew machine and have never had any trouble with it. It was over 2000 at the time though.

sewin'sam 08-05-2010 10:22 AM

I have 4 Brother machine, 2 of which are embroidery. I had some problems with them but not like you're talking about?? I bought the Quattro last year & am not really impressed with it because it just has too much stuff on it that I'lll never use! But it does a nice job of embroidery. I also have the QC1000 in-novis for quilting & I love it! Just had it serviced & was told that if there is any liint in the bobbin case, it blocks the sensors that tell the machine what to do! Don't understand why your thread keeps breaking? Is your thread getting caught on the cone? I do have that problem. I don't like the cone shaped spools, they don't feed as well. Good luck! How old is your Pug??? Adorable! Check my 2 in the picture.!

UglyCook 08-05-2010 10:32 AM

I wonder if it could be the thread? Some machines just don't like certain brands of thread.

patdesign 08-05-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
I wonder if it could be the thread? Some machines just don't like certain brands of thread.

Some of it was silk, and some sulky and some gutterman. I think it is in the plastic housing that guides the threads into the tension discs, as the repariman took off the top and showed me where it wasn't going under a metal plate and into the tension discs. I have probably been lucky before this.