Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone made the Spin Star Quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-made-spin-star-quilt-t4089.html)

DA Mayer 04-16-2008 08:20 AM

I have so many want to dos and so many books and patterns. My name is Denise and I am a quiltaholic and stashaholic and my life resolves around quilting.

grammo013 04-16-2008 08:58 AM

I couldn't help it I had to look. OMG I have to have. What a great site also. Very inspiring to use the colors I like on tradional patterns and not be scared they will send quilt police to my house :lol:

Just beginning and I have a list a mile long. Waiting for disability hearing and payment then I can buy fabric for a stash. So for now I have to stick to fat quarters and limit what I make. But I love quilting. Should have started 30 years ago

Linda

Quilting Aggi 04-16-2008 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by DA Mayer
I have so many want to dos and so many books and patterns. My name is Denise and I am a quiltaholic and stashaholic and my life resolves around quilting.

You are NOT alone DA!!!! Many of us here have these same issues!!!!

Debra Mc 04-16-2008 12:01 PM

Just wanted to let you know I got pattern from Quiltbooks. www.quiltbooksusa.com. It's only $7.50 plus shipping. Totaled out to $11.00. It's cheaper than the sight you saw. Save some money. More to spend on fabric.

tlrnhi 04-16-2008 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Just wanted to let you know I got pattern from Quiltbooks. www.quiltbooksusa.com. It's only $7.50 plus shipping. Totaled out to $11.00. It's cheaper than the sight you saw. Save some money. More to spend on fabric.

I did go back to looking around and purchased from quiltbooks.com.
The pattern was ON SALE!! WOOHOO!!

G-Maw Wilda 04-17-2008 12:03 AM

I bought this pattern when we were in Branson, MS last May at the Quilt & Quilt Store. I haven't tried to make it yet. I fell in love with it when I saw a quilt using this pattern. It was made by the Amish, they were selling tickets on it to help raise money for their school. I went to the fundraiser and the lady that won it donated it back, they finally sold it for $750.00 plus made money from the ticket sales. The colors they used were: Hunter Green, Cornflower Blue, Burgandy on a light beige background. It is more beautiful seeing it is person than in pictures.

Betty K 06-04-2009 09:34 PM

I have the pattern and fabric but haven't started yet - too many ufos. My one recommendation is to use the same color on the outer part of each of the 8 sections of the star. Otherwise you can end up with what looks like 2 interlocking swastikas. It is a stunning quilt - saw one in Amish area of upstate NY.

Debra Mc 06-05-2009 07:38 AM

Made this quilt last year. Was a little tricky but I got thru it.

kluedesigns 06-05-2009 08:57 AM

this is such a beautiful quilt

Quilt4u 06-05-2009 11:29 AM

I love that quilt.