Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone ordered from Marshall Dry Goods online? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-ordered-marshall-dry-goods-online-t63719.html)

Aully 09-08-2010 12:22 PM

Has anyone ever ordered from Marshall Dry Goods before? They have great prices but I am noticing the customer service is not as great, I keep asking how much shipping is to Canada and the keep saying is "depends on how much you order". Is shipping not by the yard with them? They don't have any shipping info on there website or on there ebay store. They have Paypal which is great for me.

http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/?gcl...FQdGagodkwZH3w

Thanks!
Ashley

Aully 09-08-2010 12:32 PM

They got back to me again saying shipping is calculated by wieght. Is that a good thing or not? lol! I have my eye on 2 bolts with each bolt being 10 yards. As well as 26 panels and wall hangings. So 46 yards oh my gosh that is alot. LOL!

patricej 09-08-2010 12:45 PM

since they will pay according to the weight it makes sense for them to charge that way, too.

i wonder if they use the flat rate packaging when they can. that would save you googobs of $$$.

donnajean 09-08-2010 01:32 PM

Do they not indicate the shipping before you have to commit to or pay for what is in your basket? That works on most things I order on the net, but I have never ordred from Marshall dry goods. I see they give the weight of the item once it is in your basket. Shipping by weight is the standard way of shipping, but USPS does have some Flat Rate Boxes which sometimes comes out cheaper. I assume they leave the 10 yards wrapped on the cardboard , so that would not fit in a Flat Rate Box. You can go on USPS.com & see what shipping to Canada would cost, but I don't know if they are using USPS.

Originally Posted by Aully
They got back to me again saying shipping is calculated by wieght. Is that a good thing or not? lol! I have my eye on 2 bolts with each bolt being 10 yards. As well as 26 panels and wall hangings. So 46 yards oh my gosh that is alot. LOL!

donnajean 09-08-2010 01:37 PM

I just talked to Marshall Dry goods. They answered immediately & said that you could call the same toll free number from Canada. They do use USPS shipping. When you put items in your basket they will show the shipping charge before you have to make payment. However, to order a whole bolt, she said you would have to call them. Toll free number is at top of their website home page.

Originally Posted by Aully

pocoellie 09-08-2010 01:41 PM

From what the USPS told me, they don't have flat rate shipping for International, they also said they don't have a way of tracking the package. I've never had any trouble with Marshall's.

donnajean 09-08-2010 01:49 PM

I don't know where you are as you are "in hinding". If you go to USPS.com & click on International shipping, & then choose Canada, you will see all the USPS Flat Rate International boxes. You use the same Priority boxes as you use to send things in the U.S. I have done it many times. If you pay & print your label on the USPS.com website, it is even cheaper than when you mail from the post office.

Originally Posted by pocoellie
From what the USPS told me, they don't have flat rate shipping for International, they also said they don't have a way of tracking the package. I've never had any trouble with Marshall's.

wolph33 09-08-2010 02:10 PM

Hi,I have ordered from them.In the US if you order a lot [lol]they ship Fed Ex and the shipping is about .15 a yd-but based on weight.

Shemjo 09-08-2010 02:31 PM

Just got my order from Marshall dry goods. Great service and pleasant people. Have always shopped in person before.

Favorite Fabrics 09-08-2010 02:39 PM

Bolts won't fit in any USPS flat-rate boxes.

And you won't want FedEx shipping for international orders because you will probably get hit with extra brokerage fees!

Just a word to the wise...