Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   has anyone ordered from Material Maven? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-ordered-material-maven-t294062.html)

happynana 12-19-2018 05:42 AM

I have ordered several and was pleased with them.

Stewkins 06-25-2019 03:57 PM

I have made 4 quilts from these kits.
I had no problem . Loved the fabric.
Just received another kit but this time I’m having problems understanding directions
I’m going to send a email so I can get help. This one is called Star of Bethlehem.
Has anyone had problems?
I’d appreciate feed back if possible.

Jordan 06-26-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 (Post 8178501)
I have never ordered a kit from this company, but I have ordered kits from Jordan Fabric and the fabric and the cutting were top quality so was very happy with them. Let us know how the kits are when you get them.. I bet the quilts will come out beautiful, all quilts are beautiful..Good luck

I have never heard of this company but I too have ordered a kit from Jordan Fabrics and their fabrics are wonderful and cut so precise. Hope you are happy with your order. Please let us know when you get them.

Vrsim 12-09-2019 12:46 PM

Save your money! I ordered one as a gift. It was not all there, some of the fabric was faded, and most of it had obviously been used! You could see the stitch lines and most of it still had thread in it!

LindaPinehurst 03-30-2020 10:59 AM

I am a novice quilter and still working full time so I love the pre-cut kits. I have ordered two quilt kits from the company you refer to and I've found them to be just fine for a project. No, the fabrics are not "high end" but they work and I had fun doing them. I will say I was deeply disappointed in the colors of the fabric I received as they were not as vibrant as they looked online. Directions on putting the pattern together could have been better as well, but all in all, I don't feel like I wasted my money.

UFOs Galore 03-30-2020 01:21 PM

Her kits are $45 for a 69" x 69" quilt. It says the pieces are already cut and ready to sew. I would say that if you bought 2 kits, you got a good price.

SharonPye 04-06-2020 02:24 PM

Jordan Fabric quilt kits are womderful! I keep a couple on hand for when I just want to sew and not think about choosing a pattern. I've made a couple log cabins, a Sister's Choice and I have another log cabin and a Lone Star ready and waiting. I really like that they're cut with no pinking.

sewbizgirl 04-06-2020 04:44 PM

Just wait and see... they might be very nice.

SB13 04-29-2020 06:33 AM

Don't order from her...poor quality of material, missing pieces, won't respond, no directions, you just get a page that looks like a layout page. The reason for this, if you start looking at all her kits, she has stolen designers patterns. One that caught my attention was one I had just done that I got from Keepsake quilting called Story Tellers, that is what got me to really looking into it. Actually after finding many designers quilts, started contacting the designers, some were aware and some were not, but the answer, it would cost them to much in legal fees to go after her, so she gets away with it. One Co. ToadSews who designed Thinking outside the box, actually went out of business due to this, and I got the information by talking to the owner of ToadSews. So do not support this woman, she also stole the name Material Maven from another quilt artist by the name of Judy, and I can't recall her last name but she has a blog that you can find.

quiltingnana1 06-17-2020 02:06 PM

Buyer Beware

From my own personal experience, I would not recommend this site. I have been having problems with the kit I bought. Pieces are not cut correctly. I have tried to contact this person, without success. My emails go unanswered. I would be satisfied with just knowing the fabric that is cut wrong so I could get more (from a different source if I am paying a second time for it and I would have to cut it. At least the quilt top could be finished. I have 11 blocks (out of 64 total) finished. Ran into my first wonky cut pieces. One graduation gift that will be very late. Since this person is refusing to get back to me, I will be forced to scrap the blocks I have completed and start fresh (after my fabric stores re-open). Frustrated beyond words!