Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone used Metro thread for your embroidery machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-used-metro-thread-your-embroidery-machine-t194743.html)

sylviak 07-15-2012 01:09 PM

Has anyone used Metro thread for your embroidery machine?

I just noticed they came out with 1000 yd mini cones. They are $0.69 per cone! They look pretty, but I just wondered if anyone had used it and if there was any problem with it. They also have varigated for $0.65 per cone. I bought a large cone for $2.99 thinking it was a smaller cone at a great price. It's 5000 yds! My son is making me a cone holder, so I've been holding off using it until he brings it to me.

auntpiggylpn 07-15-2012 01:28 PM

I don't know anything about Metro thread. I do have some cone thread and but I don't have a thread holder. I just put the cone in a coffee cup behind my machine and thread it just like the thread was coming off the spindle. I've never had any problems doing it this way. The cup keeps the cone from jumping all over the place and allows the thread to unwind without problems.

BeckySt 07-15-2012 01:38 PM

I bought big spools to try on my longarm machine and my longarm doesn't like it, so I figured I could use it satin stitching on my viking, it works but sometimes I have problems of it slipping out of the tension guides. I am not sure how the small cones work.

Dyan 07-15-2012 01:41 PM

I have used it on my embroidery machine, I have no problems with it, I have a brothe PE 770.

I have received orders quickly and would order again.

EIQuilter 07-15-2012 01:55 PM

I've used it on my longarm and have been really happy with it.

ckcowl 07-15-2012 02:03 PM

i've used it with my embroidery unit- it worked just fine- makes beautiful embroidery- good color selection

davis2se 07-15-2012 04:40 PM

I've used it, and been very happy with it, on both my Baby Lock Sophia and my Janome MC11000SE. I have had a few problems with the thread shredding in the needle, but I really think that is because I'm not using the optimum needle size and not an issue with the thread. My Baby Lock is pretty particular about thread, and does like it fine. I whole heartedly recommend it. And, their service was great!!

khquilter 07-15-2012 05:17 PM

I use in my embroidery machine and also my longarm. Both machines it works great.

sylviak 07-15-2012 06:19 PM

I have the Brother PE770, so it's nice to know it works well on that machine. Maybe it's a pretty good deal. Has anyone tried the varigated?

gml 07-15-2012 07:20 PM

Metro thread

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5368246)
I have the Brother PE770, so it's nice to know it works well on that machine. Maybe it's a pretty good deal. Has anyone tried the varigated?

I have tried both the solid colours and variegated colours. Both work well on my Innovis 4000D. I use the variegated colours mainly for free standing lace (FSL) projects. They have many choices of variegated threads which I like.

God Bless
gml