Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has this ever happened to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-ever-happened-you-t96274.html)

Annaquilts 02-02-2011 06:15 PM

Oh no or atleast not yet. Looks like you might have to reorganize and store some of your stash at another place to regain work space. Well once those prices go up you will still have plenty of fabric to sew. Hmmmmm if you are snowed in with this weather you might want to take some days to go through everything. Looks like a wonderful space. I got to watch it too. My room tends to slip fuller over too and not just my stuff but from the kids also. Time to put my foot down and start sewing.

Rose L 02-02-2011 06:17 PM

Um..only in my dreams. Just throw everything you don't want in a box and send it to me. I'll pay the postage, lol! Either that or build shelves in the center isle of the room, like a library of fabrics, so you can get it all up off the floor.

Gosh, I wish I had so much to choose from. I live in the country and have to travel to even find any fabric.

Rose

Maride 02-02-2011 06:17 PM

I am coming over. You need to start sewing very quickly to get it all used up. I am in a very sewy mood. I can help!

luckylindy333 02-02-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
now, in my own defense, some of this is stuff I am pulling out to sell....but this is only part of the room!
there is a closet, a wardrobe, another shelving unit and some bolts in a hall closet....

I so need to spend less time on the computer and more time in the sewing room!

Oh I think you are very brave!!!
You don't see any photos of my house, do you????

Ha- mine, either!!! Thanks for sharing your predicament!!!!!

AliKat 02-02-2011 06:18 PM

Jacquie,

Hey. You could host your own quilting retreat and the others wouldn't have to bring any fabric. Bet that would help you a whole bunch.

Too bad Oklahoma is so far from Arizona or I'd vbe the first to volunteer to 'help' you.

Also am glad you don't have pictures of my stash.

ali

plainjane 02-02-2011 06:23 PM

Wow, you've got a serious stash go'in on there!

Shelbie 02-02-2011 06:24 PM

Do you have a good quilting buddy or a sister who could help you get this organized? I see piles of beautiful fabric that would make wonderful quilts but you do need to have room in there for you. I'm sure a local quilt guild or church quilting group would love to help you out by taking some fabric that no longer thrills you. Good luck with all of this because it is hard not to buy fabric for many quilters. You are not alone with this "little" fabric problem.

RUSewing 02-02-2011 06:24 PM

... and my dh thought I had a lot of fabric!

mommamac 02-02-2011 06:32 PM

My measly stash would barely fill the top shelf of your cutting table. I'll send you some empty boxes to fill if you'd like.
I hope you have insurance!

julie777 02-02-2011 06:32 PM

wow i couldnt sell it i would have to add another room