Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have You Ever Done This? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-done-t198297.html)

canuckninepatch 08-23-2012 05:39 AM

Sounds like me when I'm making cabbage rolls - leftover filling, need to buy another cabbage, oh-oh, too many cabbage leaves now, better mix up more filling......what am I going to do with the extra filling? Better buy another cabbage - the big one is the same price as the smaller one. .....and on and on. Can you tell, I've got cabbage rolls on the brain - I'm off to buy some cabbages - how many should I buy???

jamsbuying 08-23-2012 05:51 AM

You are too funny!!! Great read.

Friday1961 08-23-2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by tesspug (Post 5458088)
Reminds me of the children's book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." Very cute.

Great analogy! It is exactly like If You Give A Mouse A Cookie!

Caswews 08-23-2012 06:28 AM

I always buy over, then I have scraps. Scraps=a scrappy quilt about 6 months later. ITs a viscious cycle, but someone has to do it ..LOL

PenniF 08-23-2012 06:46 AM

Loved that....every single time i've tried to be "exact" in my fabric yardage, i come up short. At some point i suppose i will have to find a Fabrics Anonymous support group - til then, i'll keep buying extra!

Neesie 08-23-2012 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch (Post 5461422)
Sounds like me when I'm making cabbage rolls - leftover filling, need to buy another cabbage, oh-oh, too many cabbage leaves now, better mix up more filling......what am I going to do with the extra filling? Better buy another cabbage - the big one is the same price as the smaller one. .....and on and on. Can you tell, I've got cabbage rolls on the brain - I'm off to buy some cabbages - how many should I buy???

:D Too funny! Okay, I feel much better, now! :D

Neesie 08-23-2012 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by katesnanna (Post 5461110)
OK Neesie, Where are the pics?

Thanks, so much, for the support and kind words, everyone. I knew I'd find kindred spirits, here! :thumbup:

Pics of unfinished tops? LOL Okay . . . but prepare to be disappointed. They're just simple Warm Wishes. I'm not even adding borders, as that would make them too wide for my one-piece backing. I also decided I like just one-color frames, better than the two-colors . . . so technically, is it still Warm Wishes? Does that downgrade it to Lukewarm Wishes? :p

loriea 08-23-2012 07:31 AM

I love cabbage rolls. What time is dinner?

CindyA 08-23-2012 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch (Post 5461422)

Or my "Cook Once Eat Twice Lasagne" recipe. I need more sauce, now I need more noodles. Oh no, now there's too much sauce to waste - mix up some more cheese filling!

I'm getting hungry for cabbage rolls or lasagne.

quiltmau 08-23-2012 09:40 AM

love the story-but my problem is when I go back they don't have the same fabric, so I have to another type or close then I decide that since I was short on the first one lets get 2x as much this time-then I have extra-then need to go back and find another colour to work with the extra-then run out of the first and back again for more-
think I am running in a circle here???