Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever gotten soooo tired.............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-gotten-soooo-tired-t61724.html)

amandasgramma 08-27-2010 03:49 PM

that you wonder if it was a good idea after all? I was given a longarm quilter with Qbot. Yip -- the owner has loaned it to me to "babysit". I posted on this elsewhere. Now here's why I'm tired (NOT from quilting either). I've been working on trying to figure out how to quilt a simple box inside a box. I went to youtube and found a wonderful set of tutorials. The woman keeps mentioning that in the set up you identify the upper right corner, the lower right corner, the lower left corner and the upper left corner. Yeah, right..............took me 2 hours to figure out she's using a different VERSION of the Qbot!!!! OKAY!!!!!! I'll order the upgrade on payday - least I can do for getting to use this. SOOOOO, now I try to go in to the design side of the Qbot.....hmmmmmmm I keep getting a popup that says "Hasp Key not found (h0007)".....can't find a darn thing on that -- finally (2 hrs later) I discover I'm supposed to have a thing called a DONGLE!! A WHAT?????? Yip - a Dongle!!! Well, it wasn't with the stuff, so I called the owner to have him send it. It's actually a little purple thing that plugs into the USB port on the computer -- and it protects them from the wrong people using it....SHEESH!!! Well, in order to figure that little tidbit out I actually went to page 28 on the manual to find it!!! PAGE 28 STARTS the installation and registration part of the setup!!! DOUBLE SHEESH!!

Okay - I'm tired -- pancakes and ham steak for dinner.....

Hope you all had a better day!!!!

dee

cabbagepatchkid 08-27-2010 03:53 PM

But just think of all the people you can help when they come here and ask what they are doing wrong with their longarm. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see some pictures of your project.

sweet 08-27-2010 03:53 PM

There it is, that darn learning curve again! Hope it starts getting easier for you!

sewmuchmore 08-27-2010 04:03 PM

Now day they make thing so darn hard that is suppose to make you life easier. Take a hot bath and a good night sleep. tomorrow is another day.

Candace 08-27-2010 05:57 PM

I've had days like that...

SueDor 08-27-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
But just think of all the people you can help when they come here and ask what they are doing wrong with their longarm. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see some pictures of your project.

Yeh, You will be able to tell people what a dongle is. Sleep good and things will be better tomorrow.

bearisgray 08-28-2010 03:02 PM

A dongle sure sounds like a "private part"

Maybe that can be a new swear word.

seamstome 08-28-2010 03:08 PM

I can SOOOO empathize with you. My office software has a dongle. It is the most frustrating piece of computer garbage on the face of the earth. I realize it is for security but everything any little crash or power outage or if you have to install a backup, it causes problems that usually cost me about 1000 bucks and tons of hassles. If I had known the issues with this dongle I would have never bought the software and I have never purchased anything that had a dongle since!

mytwopals 08-30-2010 10:15 AM

Wait until you find out, that there are 2 versions of the design software. The latest is called 4D Quilt Design Creator. The previous version was 4D Qbot Designer. The upgrade for that one will cost you a whopping $179. But it is worth it and has some very nice, extra features. With the new version, you can now do fills within a block, like micro stippling around an applique. Or cross-hatching within an entire area.