Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you heard of Noddy from Toy Town? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-heard-noddy-toy-town-t59197.html)

bj 08-13-2010 09:54 AM

My grandson's other grandparents are Brits. Nanny reads and records books for him and then sends him the book and recording. One of his favorites is a Noddy book.

Ms. Shawn 08-13-2010 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Quoted from Quilting Treasures' website:

"Noddy is a little wooden boy who lives in Toy Town and is a character created by British author Enid Blyton. Noddy's signature red, yellow and blue vehicles as well as scenes from Toy Town create the basis for this collection."

So this is an upcoming licensed collection, but (not being in the UK) I have never heard of Noddy. Have you ever heard of him?

Yes My almost 4 yr old Grandson loves noddy!! :thumbup: :XD:

Ms. Shawn 08-13-2010 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Quoted from Quilting Treasures' website:

"Noddy is a little wooden boy who lives in Toy Town and is a character created by British author Enid Blyton. Noddy's signature red, yellow and blue vehicles as well as scenes from Toy Town create the basis for this collection."

So this is an upcoming licensed collection, but (not being in the UK) I have never heard of Noddy. Have you ever heard of him?

Yes My almost 4 yr old Grandson loves noddy!! :thumbup: :XD:

sew_lulu 08-13-2010 10:02 AM

I love Noddy! yeah, I do have a little boy at home.

SazuBMidlands 08-13-2010 10:44 AM

I used to love Noddy as a kid... but I am British. Trouble is that Noddy (and Thomas the Tank Engine) were altered to be more politically correct, and hasn't really seemed the same since. I have on rare occasions watched the new one, but in my mind its not the same as the one I remember from my childhood.

Lacelady 08-13-2010 12:25 PM

Yes! His best friend is Big Ears, the town policeman is called Mr Plod. Noddy has a run in with some horrid goblins at one stage, and also decides that he can become a taxi driver and he then takes all the residents all over town. He doesn't have any money to start with, so he pays the milkman for his milk by allowing the milkman to tap his head so that the bell rings on the end of his cap (his neck sort of sprung, hence his name).
All that, and my children are in their forties, so I haven't read one of those books for at least 40 years.

bag lady 08-13-2010 02:51 PM

I agree with sazuBMidlands, the new politically correct Noddy & friends dosn't have the same appeal.

katesnanna 08-15-2010 02:49 AM

Never heard of Noddy??? Poor you. I'm 61 years young and can still remember my nanna reading Noddy to me. (also Rupert the Bear - Mary Tourtel)
I read Noddy to my 3 girls and as they got older they read every Enid Blyton story the could lay their hands on. I think they had most of them as a kind friend passed on almost a bookcase full of books.
If you have children or grandchildren get a copy and read it to them.

cindit 08-15-2010 04:09 AM

My mom is British (she was a war bride from WWII) and we had all the original Noddy books. The newer ones aren't the same. When my first granddaughter came along in 2008, my daughter tried to buy a bunch of the older books on ebay, but, for some reason, people in the UK don't want to ship to the US.

The fabric swatches you displayed look like the "new" Noddy. They are pretty darn cute though. Will we be able to get them in the US?

belgrave 08-15-2010 05:27 AM

I am 62 years old and read Noddy and his friends when I was a very young child. Wonderful reading for children even though for a time it was deemed inappropriate and banned in some countries. Some rather strange politically correct people thought Noddy and Big Ears relationship was unhealthy. As an innocent child, I never saw that side and was never corrupted by them but loved them.