Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you used the Fiskars Titanium Rotary cutter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-used-fiskars-titanium-rotary-cutter-t135136.html)

Moonpi 07-04-2011 08:35 AM

Has anyone tried this? How do the blades hold up, and are they rough on mats? I love my titanium scissors, but not sure whether the difference in price would be worth it for the cutter. The scissors are super-sharp and lightweight.

Any ideas?

craftybear 07-04-2011 08:41 AM

I haven't yet, but will follow this thread

merry 07-04-2011 08:41 AM

Have the Fiskars T-rotary & am very pleased with it. Blades hold up well & have sharpened only once so far. Has not damaged my mat. Highly recommend it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BrendaY 07-04-2011 09:11 AM

That's on 50% off sale today at Joann's.... DH saw it there the other day and said those blades should last lots longer, but we didn't consider how it might affect the mat...

He just sanded one of my Fiskar cutting boards and washed it off, so now it doesn't have those grooves from previous cutting on it. Used it some yesterday and it was much nicer than before.

I'm sold on Fiskar products now..

SewExtremeSeams 07-04-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaY
That's on 50% off sale today at Joann's.... DH saw it there the other day and said those blades should last lots longer, but we didn't consider how it might affect the mat...

He just sanded one of my Fiskar cutting boards and washed it off, so now it doesn't have those grooves from previous cutting on it. Used it some yesterday and it was much nicer than before.

I'm sold on Fiskar products now..

I found that a Fiskar mat dulled my blades. Sounds like you have found success with Fiskar products. I know I just saw some place where a 60mm Omni blade replacement was $7. Wayyyy too much... for one blade. I have found success with the 45mm Harbor Freight carpet cutting blades.

virtualbernie 07-04-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by merry
Have the Fiskars T-rotary & am very pleased with it. Blades hold up well & have sharpened only once so far. Has not damaged my mat. Highly recommend it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Me 2! :thumbup: :thumbup:

connie d 07-04-2011 03:23 PM

Thanks for the info. :):):)

BellaBoo 07-04-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I know I just saw some place where a 60mm Omni blade replacement was $7. Wayyyy too much... for one blade.

I think that's a good price for a 60mm blade. The 45mm blades I use are more then that. My blades last a long time though. I sharpen them each day before cutting. I'm going to a quilt show this week so maybe I'll see the new Fiskar blade or some new quilt items. I love new quilting gadgets and tools. If I didn't spend my money on those I'd just spend it on something else.
;)

Moonpi 07-05-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I'm going to a quilt show this week so maybe I'll see the new Fiskar blade or some new quilt items. I love new quilting gadgets and tools. If I didn't spend my money on those I'd just spend it on something else.
;)

Have fun! You might find some great bargains. The blades fit regular handles, don't they? I think I will wait. Right now I have plenty of blades, but I am curious.