Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you/would you use this baby quilt kit? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-would-you-use-baby-quilt-kit-t228892.html)

Butterfli19 08-27-2013 05:03 PM

Well, first of all, do you like the fabrics? If not, then donate it. If you do, you could make a changing mat, burp pads, lap pads, bibs, or something else with those and buy what you like to make the baby quilt.

Nanny's dollface 08-27-2013 05:11 PM

I would make it and re- evaluate the quilt after washing. If it holds up then why not give it as a gift. If not to your liking then donate to a local pet shelter.

CanoePam 08-27-2013 05:11 PM

When I blow up the picture, the package says 100% cotton. Hard to imagine deliberate misrepresentation by a major chain ...

Pam

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-27-2013 05:18 PM

Quilting is for fun. If those fabrics will not be fun for you to work with, donate, sell or trade the quilt to someone who likes it.

If it were me, I'd make it. As long as the fabric will set still, I like to sew it. :)

ube quilting 08-27-2013 05:34 PM

Do the match test. Cut a snippet and put a lit match to it , if it burns it s cotton, if it melts it is a blend.

Sounds like you don't like the feel of the fabric. If you don't , babe won't.
Congrats on baby.
peace

cmw0829 08-27-2013 05:37 PM

I agree with Candace. The feel that you don't like could just be sizing and stuff ike that. Wash the fabric and then decide.

PghPat 08-27-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by CanoePam (Post 6259195)
When I blow up the picture, the package says 100% cotton. Hard to imagine deliberate misrepresentation by a major chain ...

Pam

Oh my, talk about being embarrassed.......:mad:, Pam. I swear I looked ALL over for the fabric content. But it sure doesn't feel or look like 100% cotton. It has a shine to it and it feels kind of silky. I must have looked like most of our husbands look for things...LOL...right in front of their eyes and can't find it.

PghPat 08-27-2013 05:40 PM

Thank every one of you. This board is the GREATEST. So many ideas and you have all convinced me to just DO IT...what have I got to loose. I plan on starting it tomorrow. I promise I'll post a picture when it's done and will let you know which direction the finished product will go...ha ha.

Emma S 08-27-2013 05:53 PM

Pat: I know you have decided but just wanted to say how much I like the quilt. The use of that dark red really sets off all the other colors. I do wonder if they are using a different finish on cotton because just recently I found a couple of 100% cotton fabrics that had a different feel. Not bad just different.

GailG 08-27-2013 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by misspriss (Post 6258949)
Don't trash it. You paid good money for it and once you finish it, if you don't like it give it to a shelter, fire department or day care. There is always a need someplace for what ever.

If you don't care to give it, you could keep it for the baby's tummy time at your house.