Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/havin-pity-party-come-t68270.html)

bjnicholson 10-04-2010 11:34 AM

I'm mad and frustrated. I got a kit from Hancock and started cutting the fabric on Saturday. The first thing was fussy cutting 18 paper dolls out of a yard of fabric. I managed that...ok. Then came the strips for sashing, etc. That went better. Then came the stars. I got the "tri-rec" and got the triangles right. I cut the 4" squares and cut out the triangles. Then the piece that makes it a rectangle messed me up. I assumed (yes, I'm the ***) I needed to cut the 4" squares before I cut out the wedges. By the time I figured it out (and read the instructions 3 more times) I used up all of the fabric in that color. I had to call Hancock and order more fab. The kicker is when my son came in and didn't want to even listen to my tale of woe. He just assumed I did it on purpose, I guess!

Jeanniejo 10-04-2010 11:37 AM

I have done things like that as well, there is no sympathy in my house so I don't bother. MY QUILT FRIENDS ARE HERE !!

amma 10-04-2010 11:37 AM

Oh No! I can commiserate, I did the same thing not long ago... I will gladly pull up a chair and sit with you for a bit... here is a glass of (insert your favorite beverage) and have a cookie or two.... and THEN we can move on to something more fun to get our minds off of this :wink: :D:D:D

erstan947 10-04-2010 11:39 AM

I feel your pain. I got a kit and did not like that they had the directional on 3 sides laying down I wanted my trees
all upright so I too had to order more fabric to finish it. I think I'll stick to pattern and fabric and no kits. Just me and my thoughts.

craftybear 10-04-2010 11:46 AM

Hugs Hugs :thumbup: :thumbup:

It seems like we learn by our mistakes, hang in there!

Twisted Quilter 10-04-2010 11:55 AM

I get lots of sympathy, then...why did you do that? :shock:

bjnicholson 10-04-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Oh No! I can commiserate, I did the same thing not long ago... I will gladly pull up a chair and sit with you for a bit... here is a glass of (insert your favorite beverage) and have a cookie or two.... and THEN we can move on to something more fun to get our minds off of this :wink: :D:D:D

Thanks amma. Ditter's Man joke helped a bunch!

luv-e 10-04-2010 11:58 AM

Totally understand. The next time son wants you to listen.....well you know what to do.....lol lol lol

2 Doods 10-04-2010 01:04 PM

Here's a {{{HUG}}}
Been there, done that! When I first started quilting I had a neighbor that was very a experienced/accomplished quilter. I had to take it over and ask for help. She gave me some fabric from her stash to substitute in. I don't use kits any more and I always buy a little extra just in case.

Quiltforme 10-04-2010 01:20 PM

I have ice cream and starburst will that help?? I am sorry he didn't listen good news is I have too have a shoulder and am here to listen! Take care and enjoy the ice cream :)