Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help on enlarging a pattern? Frustrated! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-enlarging-pattern-frustrated-t26462.html)

cutebuns 10-04-2009 07:53 PM

When enlarging, I don't enlarge it in the program, when the print info comes up it says to print at 100%, you can change that to anything that you want pretty much, and it will just print it out that much bigger.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-05-2009 04:30 AM

Thanks for all the other tips.
Cutebuns, that does make sense!

We are getting a new computer soon, so I hope it has a more user friendly program that will help.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-05-2009 04:38 AM

justwannaquilt, When we go to town, there's a hospital, a CVS, some restaurants, and dollar stores! We pretty much live in the woods. The road to our house is a narrow black top (it turns to gravel a few miles down the road past our house) with no lines, yellow or white. We live on a sheep farm. They belong to MIL and GMIL. We have a miniature horse. My SIL/neighbor has goats. We grow a garden.

Sounds like in the middle is a great place for you to raise children!!

JCL in FL 10-05-2009 06:02 PM

don't forget to post a picture, you have us all curious. Why is it the simple ones can give us the most fits???

cutebuns 10-05-2009 06:09 PM

That is large compared to the city that I live by, I live 3 miles out on a dirt road, there is a corner store, a car delership, two liquor stores, a bar, a small hotel, a hairdressers, a icecream shake and the gas station is out by the hwy, not in town.

Different people do things differently, I have also used copiers but if I am at home, it works out, there is usually a guide some where on the paper to let you know if it is the correct size

Carolyn Wagner 10-06-2009 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
Perhaps I can help you with your enlargement issues. I've never posted anything so I hope I can show you what I mean.
Remember that a copy enlarges both directions. If your image is 25% of what you want to end up with, a 200% enlargement will get you where you want to go. For example, a 2"x2" image is 4 sq inches. When you enlarge it 200%, it becomes a 4"x4" image (16 square inches). The original 2x2 is 1/4 of the new image.
I know it doesn't seem to make sense, so I am going to try to attach an example.

Good quilting.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-06-2009 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
don't forget to post a picture, you have us all curious. Why is it the simple ones can give us the most fits???

I will definately post pics because I'll be so happy when this is together. I can't let myself post one, yet...
Oh, I don't know. I think I could've taken an advanced pattern and sailed through it! LOL! We'll see because I have a harder one planned.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-06-2009 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Carolyn Wagner
Hi,
Perhaps I can help you with your enlargement issues. I've never posted anything so I hope I can show you what I mean.
Remember that a copy enlarges both directions. If your image is 25% of what you want to end up with, a 200% enlargement will get you where you want to go. For example, a 2"x2" image is 4 sq inches. When you enlarge it 200%, it becomes a 4"x4" image (16 square inches). The original 2x2 is 1/4 of the new image.
I know it doesn't seem to make sense, so I am going to try to attach an example.

Good quilting.

Thank you, Carolyn. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Carolyn Wagner 10-06-2009 07:03 AM

Sorry I can't get my example to come up on the screen. I hope you understand.
How does everyone get their pictures to load?

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-06-2009 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Carolyn Wagner
Sorry I can't get my example to come up on the screen. I hope you understand.
How does everyone get their pictures to load?

I just downloaded it, and it opened for me. I just click "attach files" and select the file I want. Mine are always .jpeg files. Your file is a .pdf, so maybe that has something to do with it.