Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help with EQ6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-eq6-t58059.html)

LittleMo 08-06-2010 12:29 AM

Hi everybody,

I have had EQ6 for nearly two years, but have hardly used it. I am very computer literate but I find EQ6 very unfriendly. After being on this board for a few weeks, there are lots of positive things said about it.

So, what am I missing? Is there an EQ6 for Dummies book or something similar for peeps like me?

EQ6 cost me a small fortune, but there is no way I have got my moneys worth.

TIA

Mo

quiltilicious 08-06-2010 03:55 AM

Work through the lessons that are in the User's Manual. They don't take too long (and I was creating some pretty nice quilts after finishing lesson 1!)

MistyMarie 08-06-2010 03:57 AM

Honestly, I just started playing with it. I have designed numerous quilts with it and if I ever got stuck, then I went into the tutorials or help to figure out what to do. It is worth it! I love being able to try out color combinations before I cut a thread of fabric.

sewcrafty 08-06-2010 03:58 AM

I agree!! The lessons are VERY important. Everything started making sense and even though I've only done a few lessons, I can create some blocks and quilts with it.

Now I need to find the time to finish up the lessons!!! :lol: :lol:

JJs 08-06-2010 04:11 AM

and don't forget to download all the new fabrics on the eq website

shaysmema 08-06-2010 04:13 AM

I have had EQ 6 for a few years also and never really understood it. When my GD (14) was here a few weeks ago she started playing with it and designed 2 quilts(which turned out beautiful) She showed me how to use it, but I really haven't had the time to sit down with it. Guess I must have an old mind.LOL one of these days I will really sit down and try to work thru it.

Nanjun 08-06-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by LittleMo
Hi everybody,

I have had EQ6 for nearly two years, but have hardly used it. I am very computer literate but I find EQ6 very unfriendly. After being on this board for a few weeks, there are lots of positive things said about it.

So, what am I missing? Is there an EQ6 for Dummies book or something similar for peeps like me?

EQ6 cost me a small fortune, but there is no way I have got my moneys worth.

TIA

Mo

I know what you mean, I have had EQ5 for many years and used it once with help, I am very computer illerate

Jim's Gem 08-06-2010 09:49 AM

I got EQ6 for Christmas. Took a class on how to use it but have not really even tried other than in class. I also picked up the EQ7 upgrade, it's still sitting right here unopened, waiting for the day....

amma 08-06-2010 10:18 AM

It is important to sit down and do the first 3-4 lessons over and over until you get it down. This is the very basics for using the program.
All of the buttons on the screen look intimidating, but if you practice using them, it will become much less intimidating.
I have sat and done the same lessons over and over several days in a row, and then it all will click :wink:
It is more difficult if you don't take that 15-20 minutes each day to reinforce what you learned the day before.
Use the video tutorials too, it makes it easier for some to read and then watch the same thing being done :D:D:D

Tweety2911 08-06-2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I got EQ6 for Christmas. Took a class on how to use it but have not really even tried other than in class. I also picked up the EQ7 upgrade, it's still sitting right here unopened, waiting for the day....

Me too. Had EQ5, upgraded to EQ6 then to EQ7. Hopefully when I retire I will get to learn it.