Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help I am being too distracted (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-i-am-being-too-distracted-t101954.html)

Michele elder 02-22-2011 04:26 AM

Hi Everyone, I lurk here often, chime in on occasion, but cant get inspired to really finish a project I have been asked to do for church. Well before Christmas our pianist said she had an idea for banners for church, something to inspire more music. "i volunteered" These banners are going to hang in front of the Sanctuary - 60 inches high 44 inches wide, Angels singing on one-"Enter into His Presence with Song" Angel praying on other one-"He Who sings prays twice"
We have chosen fabrics-some silky, shiny for angels, etc. I cut out basic shapes, hand embroidered and painted faces now to assemble them. I cant seem to get over the fear of my work hanging in the church for all to see. I KNOW HE is with me on this BUt still....
Just need a little push, This is the biggest and so far most important thing I have ever attempted... Words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated-Love and Go's peace to you all!

emerald46 02-22-2011 04:40 AM

Michele....they will be loved, admired and beautiful. Anything we do in His name is a blessing. You are doing it out of love for your church and the all the glory goes to God. No one is going to be anything be delighted! Get busy girl, can't wait to see the finished products.

gal288 02-22-2011 04:41 AM

Go fr it girl, what an wonderful thing you are. Doing.

Think of it as God's big quilt show! I'm sure you'll. Win a ribbon in his eyes.

Raggiemom 02-22-2011 04:49 AM

God gave you a gift and making banners for him is an excellent use of your gift. He will be pleased with you and your work. Do you have pictures? Would love to see the banners.

Magdalena 02-22-2011 04:51 AM

What a beautiful way to proclaim your faith. Please share it with us when it is finished. I think many of us would love to see it.

KayT 02-22-2011 04:56 AM

I know you CAN do it, but so put your fingers to work. Even if you have to save the hand sewing for Sunday in the pew during church. That should be enough inspiration! LOL

You could also go to Choir practice and listen and any other church functions, and sew then too. That might be the solution.

SuziC 02-22-2011 05:02 AM

What a wonderful way to share your gift! Don't be scared...they will look wonderful so....get to it :!:

quilt-fanatic 02-22-2011 05:22 AM

Ask for HIS guidnce and all will be well. They would look very nice hanging for Easter in late April this year.

SueDor 02-22-2011 05:22 AM

Can't wait to see them done. You can do it!

Midwestmary 02-22-2011 05:27 AM

They will be beautiful because what they have to say will encourage and inspire those who look upon them. You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. Hugs to you from Iowa :)