Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help! I am soooooooo slow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-i-am-soooooooo-slow-t74342.html)

bj 11-05-2010 08:19 AM

I find some projects go really quickly and others not so much. I just don't worry about it and go at the pace that seems to dictate itself. My only rule with myself (and it sometimes makes projects last longer) is that I don't start a new project until I finish the one I'm working on. I'm stuck on a quilt for my gs right now...I just don't know how to wind it up. So it's percolating in my mind until something comes to me.

NorBanaquilts 11-05-2010 08:21 AM

I'm a slow poke too, don't feel bad.

EagarBeez 11-05-2010 08:29 AM

Now I don't feel so bad to know there is more then me who works slowly. I am retired, and spend a great deal of the morning on this site and answering emails and such. I sew a few hours a day. I am in no rush, I'd rather be careful then rush. I just enjoy what I am doing and even though it may be at a snails pace,who cares

Mariposa 11-05-2010 08:39 AM

I have several (many?) projects that are "long-term" and still not finished. All in various stages. Yet, I also can whip something out quick when needed. Maybe I need to drag out these UFO's and get them finished and outta here! :)

pab58 11-05-2010 09:05 AM

Are you kiddin' me??!! :shock: I'm the queen of UFOs!!!! :roll:

MadQuilter 11-05-2010 09:23 AM

I'm a process person, so I am more interested in the process than getting the product done. (Those are product people) Nope, you are not alone. I have so many UFOs it isn't funny and right now I am forcing myself to finish some stuff. Even then, I seem to work at snail's pace "playing" with my bits and bobs. Just enjoy what you do. Even taking baby steps, eventually you'll git r'done.

zactanls 11-05-2010 01:36 PM

I don't spend a lot of time piecing - I guess the ones that I make don't take a lot of time. I am retired so I could take as much time as I wanted. I have machine quilted some of mine but most of them I send out. I just enjoy the whole concept.

suern3 11-05-2010 02:13 PM

I'm afraid I like the planning and finding the right fabrics, too much. It seems to take me almost a year from the idea to the finished quilt! Oh well, to each his own I guess. My goal is to enjoy the process.

quilting cat 11-05-2010 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by bj
I find some projects go really quickly and others not so much. I just don't worry about it and go at the pace that seems to dictate itself. My only rule with myself (and it sometimes makes projects last longer) is that I don't start a new project until I finish the one I'm working on. I'm stuck on a quilt for my gs right now...I just don't know how to wind it up. So it's percolating in my mind until something comes to me.

Share it where it is -- maybe something will drip out of QB to help you wind it up!

quilting cat 11-05-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mariposa
I have several (many?) projects that are "long-term" and still not finished. All in various stages. Yet, I also can whip something out quick when needed. Maybe I need to drag out these UFO's and get them finished and outta here! :)

How about a UFO challenge to yourself? Give yourself a penalty if one isn't finished by a deadline! (This is an annual signed promise at my quilt guild -- If you don't get at least one UFO finished and into the October show, you owe the guild $10.) :cry: