Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help! I saw a Singer 15-91 Today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-i-saw-singer-15-91-today-t154767.html)

wvdek 09-21-2011 09:41 PM

Did you get it? Great price.

Yooper32 09-22-2011 03:02 AM

For that price, I would grab it up and run. I payed $113 for my 15-90 and was in hog heaven to get it at that price, it is in perfect shape with all the attatchments and manual, bench with padded top and room for storage. It sews like a dream. Run!

marymay 09-22-2011 03:04 AM

You never know when you will need a spare machine. I say go buy it.

ConcreteSher 09-22-2011 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Go get it! My husband told me if I brought something in the house, something had to go out. I'm OK with that. He still has his clothes and a toothbrush. It is looking dicey for his clothes.

Every so often I clean out my husband's closet, and find more clothes he doesn't need . . . although he never seems to be around when this happens . . .

aggiebears 09-22-2011 03:27 AM

My MIL gave me hers and it is the best present I ever got from her. I love mine straight stitch and will sew through 6 layers of denim like butter. Love, Love, Love this machine.

Surfergirl 09-22-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Janis
They are asking $50.00 for it. I can always ask if they will take less.

I would buy it in a heartbeat! Great price! I have 3 and love them. The 15-91's are gear-driven, also.

goaf1968 09-22-2011 03:46 AM

Before buying any sewing machine it is helpful if you take into account what your sewing needs are. A model 15-91 is a true workhorse and it can handle anything from linen to heavy upholstery, drapes and even boat sails. It is one very reliable machine and it is also very easy to service yourself. It is also convertible to a treadle, which is a big plus to many folks dedicated to using machines without tails (meaning no electricity cord.) The price of $50 sounds pretty reasonable, especially if it has any accessories and an owner's manual. Most of the 15-'s I have here cost more than $50 -- yes, I do have a few of them.

Terry -- in Northern Delaware (my wife's favorite quilting enabler)

SharonTheriault 09-22-2011 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Go get it! My husband told me if I brought something in the house, something had to go out. I'm OK with that. He still has his clothes and a toothbrush. It is looking dicey for his clothes.

Too funny!! Love it.

SunlitenSmiles 09-22-2011 04:25 AM

did you bring it home yet????
pictures we want pictures.....hope the attachment in the box is the buttonholer makes the best ever buttonhole.
if it is the zig zag attachment put it in the bottom in the back and never use it..it is aweful...treats the fabric bad

threads57 09-22-2011 04:58 AM

I too would get it. These machines just purr. Even if you have the cabinet closed when not in use it makes a great ironing/cutting surface. You won't reget it.