Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help.................. I'm left handed in a right handed world trying to quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-im-left-handed-right-handed-world-trying-quilt-t112872.html)

abdconsultant 04-02-2011 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Any one else have this affliction? Just finished some mug rugs for swap and noticed all the pockets are on the right side of the rug. Dang, I hate it when that happens,I'm starting over, too much trouble to take em off and the Elvis one has a design problem................Dang.

frauhahn 04-02-2011 08:19 AM

Ah, the world just doesn't realize how handicapped we lefties are!!! But always remember- we are the only ones in our right minds!

clsurz 04-02-2011 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
Any one else have this affliction? Just finished some mug rugs for swap and noticed all the pockets are on the right side of the rug. Dang, I hate it when that happens,I'm starting over, too much trouble to take em off and the Elvis one has a design problem................Dang.

Why do you feel you need to do it over again. So what if the pockets are on the right side.

There are MANY quilters who are left handed and some of us are ambidextrous (able to use left and right hand).

I personally don't feel we have to accomodate another group over what we are especially this.

clsurz 04-02-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by frauhahn
Ah, the world just doesn't realize how handicapped we lefties are!!! But always remember- we are the only ones in our right minds!

With that being said than what does that make an ambidextrous person?

:twisted:

YukonViv 04-02-2011 08:38 AM

I've made several mug rugs for swaps and haven't done a pocket...is it for spoon?

I don't see how it matters which side the pocket is on, please don't do it over, it looks great! I love it.

BTW, I'm a lefty as well, I've been asked how it affects my knitting, cross stitching and quilting...I don't see how it has, it all looks the same in the end.

Janetlmt 04-02-2011 09:04 AM

I am a lefty...and love it. We are a breed of our own. We think differently, we create..our passions are heartfelt. It doesn't matter what side the pocket is on. The important thing is that you created it.

trif 04-02-2011 09:27 AM

Im a lefty quilter as well and seriously if you hadn't sad it was on the wrong side I never would have thought so. Who decided it has to be on the other side, it's a design choice. I often(ok, always) do things oppositIte of my fellow righty quilters, this is what makes us unique. Oh!, I absolutely love love love your mug rug, so you can always send it to me :) a fellow lefty who would appreciate the pocket where it is :)

lfw045 04-02-2011 09:37 AM

I would not change a thing! I'm a lefty too and I love it! Being a lefty is a blessing.....lol! We get to embrace being different!

sewsue 04-02-2011 09:44 AM

I am left handed too. Have a nick name "The Witch" I dont care what others think just as long as I enjoy the journey of all my stitching. I have had some laughs from my quilting group as they are not used to seeing me embroider or stitch with my left hand so the other day they were in awe while watching me. We all had a good laugh at " you look so uncomfortable". Must add that my colonial knots or french knots come out much nicer than the right handers. hehehehe :thumbup:

sewsue 04-02-2011 09:44 AM

Sorry double posted.